Orange Frame?

My idea is to powder coat/paint? the frame orange. I like the powder coat for strength but paint is easy to touch up if desired. My question is do i leave the frame black or change to orange. 2nd is paint or powder coat. Here is a current pic. of how the bike looks, all will stay the same except for the frame if i change it. Maybe some of you photo shop guys can make the frame orange?

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=64542

White frame,,,,trust me, white powdercoat.

Never thought of white :moon: The more I think about white, the better I like the idea. I could lose the orange sprocket and vent hose. And make it a complete black and white bike. :thumbsup:

I gave it a try. Not the best, the color didn't really come out great, hope that helps.

orangeframe.jpg

and white

whiteframe.jpg

That doesn't look real, but i think it would look really nice if it was actually done.

If you sit back from the screen they look better.

Whatever you do don´t paint it orange. I´ve seen few of these bikes with orange frames and they look,mildly put,UGLY ! If you must choose between orange / white then go with white. And definitely Powder Coat.

IMO the frame would look best in bare metal finish and,of course, with clear coat on it. I saw one bike done like that and it looked very Works...

I'd keep the orange bits too, check out a 08-09 Husky with the white frames.

I'd keep the orange bits too, check out a 08-09 Husky with the white frames.

Those are nice. My vote is for white. I like what Ville said about bare metal though....

If/when you go through with it, update this thread so I can see the progress!! :thumbsup:

Ville the bare frame look, was it polished or just raw metal look. I have the frame stripped down to bare metal now.

100_2429.jpg

100_2430.jpg

100_2428.jpg

Dude you should have left it black :thumbsup:

Dude you should have left it black :thumbsup:

Front of frame and near pegs was chiped very bad. To the point of rusting so it needed to be redone. I still might stay black just undecided.

ya stay wiht black or go white. I dont really dig the orange idea. especially on your blacked out bike. By the way, it looks sick as is!

Ville the bare frame look, was it polished or just raw metal look. I have the frame stripped down to bare metal now.

That frame was blasted & polymere blasted (almost like shot peened) = raw metal look. Looked really good.

What about a silver/silver metallic kinda like the 2005 and older ktm's? But those were a silver gold. I dont know gotta figure it out cant ride it the way it is.

Go full pimp.

Polish every bit of aluminum and have the frame chrome or nickel plated.

Make sure to add some leather tassels to the ends of the grips and get some studs put on the side of the seat for the full look. Or get a "Bedazzler" and go with some rhinestones. That would be phat.

All joking aside, I say go for the white powdercoat. Although I am personally contemplating a silver frame with white plastic. I always loved that look on the '88 Kawasaki KDX.

I do agree that the orange frame would just not be right. That is just too much.

Yeah. I´ve seen them orange (one was actually painted with spray paint by the owner himself :moon:) and that sight nearly made a grown man cry. It was Fugly ...:thumbsup:

How about a semi gloss black with a silver flake ?(I've been watching to many American Chopper episodes)

P.S You should have left it black :thumbsup:

P.S You should have left it black :thumbsup:

Yeah, once you go black you can't go back:thumbsup:

I picked a color. Hot pink and also going to put tassels for a girls bicycle on it.:thumbsup:

Just kidding im going metallic black. Black is my favorite color so I will stay black but with a little change.