650L wiring question

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to install a set of Symtec grip heaters on my pig and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for an easy way to wire up power to these bad boys. I was thinking of piggybacking to the horn circut, will that work? Thanks :thumbsup:

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to install a set of Symtec grip heaters on my pig and I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for an easy way to wire up power to these bad boys. I was thinking of piggybacking to the horn circut, will that work? Thanks :thumbsup:

You could use the green wire on the horn circuit as a ground, but you'll need 12v power that is not switched on by the horn button.

There is a red wire going to the ign switch you could use. It comes from the 20 amp "main" fuse. You would still have to install a small toggle switch though.

I would actually prefer to have the switch on the ground side though.

You could tap that red wire straight to your grips, then install a small toggle switch between ground and the grip heaters.

Thanks Rich, I wired them up yesterday and they are nice and toasty :thumbsup:. I wired the hot lead from the speedo wire and used the horn ground to ground them. :moon:

Thanks Rich, I wired them up yesterday and they are nice and toasty :thumbsup:. I wired the hot lead from the speedo wire and used the horn ground to ground them. :moon:

Let us know how they work!

what load do you guys think it will be able to handle (amps)i'm plannning to install a power outlet a.k.a. cigarette lighter but don't know it it's too much amperage

what load do you guys think it will be able to handle (amps)i'm plannning to install a power outlet a.k.a. cigarette lighter but don't know it it's too much amperage

What do you plan on powering?