400 exc deal?

A buddy of mine at school is selling a 2004 KTM 400 EXC, it runs good, but has no title, but only needs a rebuild kit for a clutch master cylinder. He's asking $2000 for it straight up.

yes, good deal

yes, good deal

Yes, very good price but you'll have a hard(er) time selling it yourself (unless you also sell to a friend). People who don't know you will be put off.

Still at the price, probably not an issue but you could check into whether you can get a replacement title. If you friend once had the title, maybe get a bill of sale from him and see if you can get a new title from the state.

alright, im not looking to sell this bike, ive been lookin for a bike as a keeper to go trail riding. idk if he ever had the title b/c he's the second owner

get a bill of sale or get the right form from your state DMV and have him fill it out at time of purchase so you CAN get a title for it.

how much of a struggle would it be to get a title for it?

I beleive every state has a lost title proceedure, very easy and you do not want to give him $2K then have the police come pick it up saying its stolen

yea, me and my dad were talking it over as he is a retired cop, i think im gonna save up and buy a 450 exc and make it street legal and use it both trail/tarmac cause i also have my play around 125 and my vintage trials project

There are tonz of sweet, already titled EXC's for sale all over the country right now. Do some searching.

DBM