kibble white valves

hey guys,

i got a kibblewhite spring kit etc and Black diamond inlet valves. in the kit theres two stem seals for the exhaust, but no seals for the inlet.

anyone know whether you run with or without inlet stem seals with these type of valves?

there is no mention in the instructions.

thanks,

mark

The Yamaha uses an odd 4mm stem on intakes. I don't know for sure, but maybe KB doesn't make a 4mm seal.

Just re-use your stock ones if they have 50 hrs or less, or replace with new stock ones.

its a brand new 09 - so i'll reuse the stockers. thanks.

just didnt know whether i should run the at all, ie: does a steel valve need more lubrication hence no seal.

mark.

its a brand new 09 - so i'll reuse the stockers. thanks.

just didnt know whether i should run the at all, ie: does a steel valve need more lubrication hence no seal.

mark.

You need seals to keep oil from running down the valve into the combustion chamber. Just wondering, why are you putting stainless valves in a brand new YZ?

we had reliability issues on the 08 when running aftermarket cams. they put to much stress on the stock valve train. i feel its always best to put new stuff in a new motor. gives everything a fair chance then.