Help with picking a new rear tire for my TE 250

I have narrowed it down to Two DOT tires

The 606 and the MT21, the 606 is taller yet it is the most talked about in all the tire threads. I need all the help I can get in the seat height. I ride 15% on road 85% off road and for the most part fire service roads and some Calif deserts.

Thanks

Dan L.

Might want to consider the Michelin AC 10. I've heard good reports.

norman

norman

This tire is out of production I have heard. However, The motorcycle superstore still has them in stock. I have this tire on my XR4 and it is a great tire.

norman

Dan,

I've had both the D606's and the AC-10's on my DRZ and the AC-10 wins hands down for me. I'm a 90% off-road rider FWIW.

I've been using Kenda 760 Trackmasters. Work well, last a long time, and low cost as well. $51.85 for a 110 at http://www.chaparral-racing.com/

Also, they usually run a (unadvertised) shipping special, if you buy $100. you get free shipping INCLUDING tires, so two tires gets you free shipping.

Oops, rereading your post, you sound like you are after a shorter tire.

You want tall, try a trials tire like a pirelli MT43. A lot of my friends have gone to trials tires and love them, I am going to have to try one. The pirelli is a lot more durable on pavement than some of the others like the michelins. My concern is that its so much taller than the knobbie tires I am wondering how it would affect the effective gearing on my TE250.

http://www.oemcycle.com/Item/product/3164/PU/0315-0002/4.00-18

Dan,

I've had both the D606's and the AC-10's on my DRZ and the AC-10 wins hands down for me. I'm a 90% off-road rider FWIW.

Has anyone tried the M-12 tires? Looking for tires for the same bike, may not stay with DOT tires because the lack of choices and reviews.

Has anyone tried the AC-12 tires? Looking for tires for the same bike, may not stay with DOT tires because the lack of choices and reviews.

I never heard of AC-12's. Where can I read about them?

the michellin ac10 works great, also it is non-directional, when the nobs start to round over, take the tire off and turn it around, then it grabs like a new one. :bonk:

I never heard of AC-12's. Where can I read about them?

Sorry I was talking about the M-12.

Oops, rereading your post, you sound like you are after a shorter tire.

You want tall, try a trials tire like a pirelli MT43. A lot of my friends have gone to trials tires and love them, I am going to have to try one. The pirelli is a lot more durable on pavement than some of the others like the michelins. My concern is that its so much taller than the knobbie tires I am wondering how it would affect the effective gearing on my TE250.

http://www.oemcycle.com/Item/product/3164/PU/0315-0002/4.00-18

FWIW, the Pirelli MT16 110/100 is taller than the MT43 trials! I think the MT43 is the shortest of all the trials tires.

Dwight Rudder is always recommending the Pirelli MT16 rear and Pirelli Scorpion Pro front. Anyone try that combo on a TE?

I used to use the MT21 for dual sporting. I found the road manners to be very good (for a knobby), and fine off road, but mostly used in the AZ rocks, power line roads, jeep trails, etc. I cannot comment on it's performance in sand or loamy dirt.

Running IRC trials right now on the TXC 250, strictly off road, and love it everywhere except deep mud. And at 7.5 psi it doesn't flat track worth a damn...:bonk:

I didn't notice a change in gearing really when I switched from the stock MT32. I run a 12 tooth CS with it here for the tight woods.

paul

Dwight Rudder is always recommending the Pirelli MT16 rear and Pirelli Scorpion Pro front. Anyone try that combo on a TE?

I just installed that combo on my buddy's 200 XC-W...Haven't gotten a ride report from him on them yet. The MT-16 has some seriously tall knobs.

I had the Scorpion Pro / MT-32 combo on my 510 and really liked them. I wasn't as happy with the MT-32 rear on my 250 though...thinking of giving the Motoz a try in the spring.

paul

Here is what I just delivered yesterday for my 08 TE250. Can wait to try them out!

http://www.cafehusky.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825&highlight=motoz

Here is what I went with:

Tractionator Enduro

02-120-090-18 120/90-18

Tractionator XCircuit

04-080-100-21 80/100-21

My first ride with them will be tomorrow. It'll be nice having knobs again!

And a picture just before mounting:

MOTOZ.jpg