Race vs. Head-on Crash

I am making this brief because one hand is disabled. I may need a little help wrenching on the bike in the next week or so!

I went for a ride near Wildcat yesterday and about 17 miles from truck I had a head-on collision with another that appeared from behind a bush and we were both going about 25-30.:moon:

It was hard collision and it took about 1 hr before I arrived at Scotts Healthcare and 12 hrs later after surgery I was home.

My hand was only damage with my ring flattened on my finger to about 3/8inch thick almost pinching finger off and the three middle metatarsal joints in my left hand dislocated so they operated to put them into place and somehow pinned too hold in place !!!:thumbsup:

I think the other rider had similiar injuries and if he is on here by any chance I wish him well and a speedy recovery!!

I plan to repair the bike and sell as I am considering a KTM!! But I will proably not be riding for the next 10-12 weeks!!!

Just a reminder to wear all safety gear. I had pretty much everything you could possibly wear and I believe it protected me from further damage.

EW

Wow Eric that sux. Sorry to hear about that. Selling that sweet new bike you got???????? Why? What Kosts Too Much do you want to get?

Sorry to hear about your crash Eric. Hopefully it will be a quick recovery & right back on the bike again.:thumbsup:

Have a crazy schedule right now but will help with the bike if I can. Just let me know.

Sorry to hear about your thoughts concerning committing KTM to yourself. Maybe they will get better as you heal up. You may have hit your head harder than you think.:moon: :moon: :ride:

Sorry to hear about the crash and your injured hand, hope you heal up good and fast!

My biggest fear off road is the tolls flying around blind corners on quads. Had some real close calls even when watching for them.

Hope you get better sooon, could have been worse. Get better then celebrate with a KTM!

I'm on the trauma team at Scottsdale Osborne. What time did you come in? I worked trauma from 5pm-9pm on Saturday. You were in good hands there.

Sorry to hear but glad your going to be ok:ride:

Bill:USA:

Dang Eric glad your OK! Thats one of my biggest fears out on the trails.

Let me know if you need any help wrenching

Sorry to hear about that.

I am new to AZ. as I JUST rode Wildcat today.

Some of my friends were telling me to watch out as well.

Some other spots I got to hit were Sycamore, Cotton Canyon and DW, I think.

Hope you heal up fast and get well friend.

Thanks guys I think I will take my bike to Stitch for an estimate for repairs and then see if insurance will cover if my deduct is low enough! Then it will be freshened up and like new with 22hrs.

Thanks guys I think I will take my bike to Stitch for an estimate for repairs and then see if insurance will cover if my deduct is low enough! Then it will be freshened up and like new with 22hrs.

I forgot........what does your title mean......"Race vs Head-on Crash"???

bummer man

hope you have a fast recovery

glenn

Get well soon!

I forgot........what does your title mean......"Race vs Head-on Crash"???

If it is a poll.....judging from my own experience........I think I would rather race.:thumbsup:

If it is a poll.....judging from my own experience........I think I would rather race.:thumbsup:

Yeah, but when we race we still have to be on the lookout for rouge riders, cattle, and other trail anomalies. With all that said- I'd rather race.

sorry to hear that get well im only a few miles from you pm me if you need enything, just curious did you have hand guards and if not do you think that would of helped

I believe the dislocation of the 3 wrist joints was due to the impact with my own handlebars and my handguard took a big hit protecting my hand!! My ring and finger were flattened but not broke - I am guessing by his bar end.

J - If you are home tonight I could use a hand unloading the bike out of the back of the truck! Thanks

I believe the dislocation of the 3 wrist joints was due to the impact with my own handlebars and my handguard took a big hit protecting my hand!! My ring and finger were flattened but not broke - I am guessing by his bar end.

J - If you are home tonight I could use a hand unloading the bike out of the back of the truck! Thanks

sure give me a call 480 459-6634

Thx alot Jaadog for the help unloading! Now the rebuild begins. I get to see how good I am with one hand.