White Bros Carbon Pro Exhaust help

I have a 04 Honda CRF 450 with a White Bros. Pro Carbon Exhaust. The fit from the header pipe to the muffler isnt tight, causing bad popping when i decelerate. Is there some kind of shim or clamp that can seal the fit from the muffler to header?

i have the same problem with my 250f. i was gonna put header wrap around it and tie wire it on.

Put some high temp silicone on the pipe before putting it together. If you want, you can run an exhaust clamp on it (a hose clamp may even work).

A lot of times back firing can also be valves out of adjustment

A lot of times back firing can also be valves out of adjustment

yeah i was thinking that too but it only backfires during deceleration and it runs perfect otherwise.

i was thinking of just hose clamping it shut

thanks for the tips :thumbsup:

Put some high temp silicone on the pipe before putting it together. If you want, you can run an exhaust clamp on it (a hose clamp may even work).

Thanks for the tip. High temp silicone withstands temps to 450 degrees. That may not be high enough, but may be my only option.

You might wanna try adjust your air/fuel mixture about 1 full turn out before you start messing with the pipe

Thanks for the tip. High temp silicone withstands temps to 450 degrees. That may not be high enough, but may be my only option.

High temp silicone will hold up. Both FMF and Dr. D recommend using it at the midpipe joint.

High temp silicone will hold up. Both FMF and Dr. D recommend using it at the midpipe joint.

thanks dude you have really helped me out

where can i get some of this silicone?

thanks dude you have really helped me out

where can i get some of this silicone?

Any auto parts store should have it.

I have a 04 Honda CRF 450 with a White Bros. Pro Carbon Exhaust. The fit from the header pipe to the muffler isnt tight, causing bad popping when i decelerate. Is there some kind of shim or clamp that can seal the fit from the muffler to header?

When is the last time you repacked your muffler?