Scrub! :-)

I don't know why.. but I got the feeling that I'm ready to pull off a safe scrub

looking like this in the video..

I'll make sure my outside knee is on the gas tank putting my weight on the outside peg and try to lower my handlebars down to the ground on the inside

and then when I'm at mid-air, I'll quickly try to put weight on the outside seat and peg.. putting my chest, helmet, arms onto the outside seat and peg.

Uh.. I putted all my thoughts into this.. will it work? :thumbsup:

Everyone has their own ways and style.

Errors make perfection.

Don't worry about everyone elses opinion, it should come naturally.

judging by your past videos, make sure you bring a video camera.

i can't scrub, but i'm 100% sure if you go all out towards the scrub on your first try, it won't end well. It seems like something that comes more with seat time just like anything else. Can you whip?

judging by your past videos, make sure you bring a video camera.

i can't scrub, but i'm 100% sure if you go all out towards the scrub on your first try, it won't end well. It seems like something that comes more with seat time just like anything else. Can you whip?

No, but I'm comfortable when it comes to situations where I accidently do a whip because I cross-rutted or something.. or when I try to whip, I whip a little.. but comfortably.. :moon:

But for scrubs, you have to learn by technique, like you GOTTA do it to do it.. :moon:

So I guessing from what I saw in the youtube vid.. I thought I can do it if I focus..

Of course, without footage, it's fiction. I'll try to bring my video camera. :thumbsup:

don't take this in an offensive way but i honestly don't think your ready.

If you were ready for it, you wouldn't ask and you would be able to whip quite well.

If you don't take my advice, please get it videoed.

don't take this in an offensive way but i honestly don't think your ready.

If you were ready for it, you wouldn't ask and you would be able to whip quite well.

If you don't take my advice, please get it videoed.

yah I agree with him. You are too scared to wheelie, a scrub will scare the **** out of you.

Guys I couldn't do the scrub today because I forgot my dad wanted to make changes on the track including the tabletop. The tabletop was now too steep and I almost nose dived, but! he adjusted the tabletop for the good.. I now have to lean back on my 450 to get my bike balanced while jumping it.

Yeah.. and I was going to try the scrub on this little jump, but no..

Anyways, I tried to whip and it coming out a very little ***** whip, but still good.. Later guys..

This "scrub" today is canceled!!!!!! ..until next time!! :thumbsup:

Dude that is sick, at 14 seconds. woah

after almost a year on my 250 my "scrub" has came naturaly. take slow at it on a comfortable jump. also when you scrub the point is for your front forks not to compres so you dont get any rebound, thinking that always helped me.

I learned to scrub by experimenting on sandy'ish sections of the track. It was easier to wash out the front wheel on the soft jump faces, and the sand was much more forgiving when I wiped out (believe me, it will happen). But it's all about seat time and knowing your bike well. The sand just makes the process a little more forgiving.

I bet that guy couldnt scrub like that at race pace

I bet that guy couldnt scrub like that at race pace

Lol I think he can if he practices at a "racing" speed..

anyways guy... I overjumped a triple at my track and landed hard on my pegs.

3 second later, my right leg broke.. blah blah blah and I went to the doctor to get it fixed and get a cast.

Yeah no riding for 6 weeks or 2 months. :bonk:

I'm gonna relax and get a lil timeout from bikes.. maybe I'll be faster next time I ride.

Ouch. Hope you get a fast and good recovery. So, you just landed hard and your leg broke? I always thought it would have to slip off and hit the ground or something.

Lol I think he can if he practices at a "racing" speed..

anyways guy... I overjumped a triple at my track and landed hard on my pegs.

3 second later, my right leg broke.. blah blah blah and I went to the doctor to get it fixed and get a cast.

Yeah no riding for 6 weeks or 2 months. :bonk:

I'm gonna relax and get a lil timeout from bikes.. maybe I'll be faster next time I ride.

Ouch. Hope you get a fast and good recovery. So, you just landed hard and your leg broke? I always thought it would have to slip off and hit the ground or something.

Yeah.. I thought I was gonna make it and I kinda tried to force my leg to take the landing. :bonk:

and Oh my goddd.. I COULDN'T SLEEP LAST NIGHT. My right leg was like pumping like hell and it hurts.. :bonk:

I thought the same, i came up short on a triple at bithlo I would say it was a good 80-85ft. I stayed on the bike and didn't break a thing, I couldn't feel/move my ankles but i didn't break them. I Can't see how you would've broken your leg from overjumping. Sounds impossible. Maybe an ankle or a wrist, but the leg?!?!

You were landing one footed?

You were landing one footed?

Nah both feet on the pegs and my bad.. the ankle hurts the most in my right leg but right under my knee has a fracture which is kinda cracked. :bonk:

I felt like I was gonna pull a cramp everytime I try to lift my right foot.. but not anymore. I have a cast on and I feel better.. :bonk:

But I'm gonna have to fix the triple by putting more dirt on the landing slope

so it can be more safer and finally have RUTTED CORNERS somewhere on our track!!

Bwhahaha I'll be back!! :bonk:

you guys smell that? Smells like bull shit... lmao

No offense to yah, but I gotta agree with the other guys I just don't think you're ready to start scrubbing. If you do, X2 on taking the video camera.

you guys smell that? Smells like bull shit... lmao

I believe it. He probably tensed up when he noticed he was going to over shoot it and instead of using his legs and suspension, his leg just game out and broke.

I've overjumped quite a few jumps before and I can't say that I've broken anything. Don't get me wrong it can happen, but I find it highly unlikely. The part I can't believe is him scrubbing like that guy in the video.