Sign in to follow this  

TT vs XT?

I am new to The four stroke scene and this may be a stupid question but is there a difference between the XT and the TT engine?

I would like to ease back into VMX so speed is not of utmost importance, but cheapness and availability of parts is.

Anyone?

The two engines are pretty much the same. I'm not sure but internal gear ratios may be different. The cylinder heads, valves, cylinders, pistons etc. are the same. The SR500 engine has a larger intake valve and is a common mod to the other engines.

might need to know what cc displacement you are looking at.

Hi there,

I am talking from a TT600 point of perspective here but you might have to verify it for the 500's.

The TT600 has a direct drive where the XT600 has a cush drive(Meaning if you do road driving it is more forgiving towards the sprocket and chain), remember the TT is actually a off-road.

The TT600 has a sleeve in the cylinder and the XT does not. Why that precisely is I do not know. As far as gearing goes there must be a difference in gearing ratios because my TT is at top revs at 130km/h where the XT can go much faster, the TT obviously has tremendous power.

There is some other small differences, mostly cosmetic.

Regards

Nic

The TT bikes apparently have 6V electrics (the American ones that I've heard of at least) and only have a headlight and tail light, no horn or flickers. The Euro models differ though, they might have 12V electrics.

The sleeve on the tt600 and not the xt is because the xt was intended for more street use and the nicasil dissapates heat better. also the tt with a sleeve could be rebored after wear from dirt use

Contact me if you want to sell either the XT or the TT I would be tickled just to get an engine.... elsinoresam444 at the big Y

Contact me if you want to sell either the XT or the TT I would be tickled just to get an engine.... elsinoresam444 at the big Y

ok.

the TT is disassembled & i'll make it into a rolling chassis to sell soon.

planned to keep the motor, but i could sell the whole package if you were interested.

the XT is a streettracker project, but still being ridden. after i complete it, probably keep it. too many stories of regrets selling these original thumpers.