2009 Hangover Scramble @ Washougal MX

I don't know........it was cold last time. :thumbsup::moon:

Not sure about the cold...but I do know that it was friggin windy!

For those that were there to witness or be in it, who could forget the hillclimb clogged up with tons of guys. I will be setting up the course this year, expect it to be a little longer.

Joe.........

Not cold enough, some of the moto track was like quicksand.:moon:

Can we run the kwads first? After watching them turn the course from the Am. class from a bit soupy to epic for the EXP. class in the afternoon...they should go first!

The side by sides had a good showing last year. Are they going to run by themselves this year?

Can we run the kwads first? After watching them turn the course from the Am. class from a bit soupy to epic for the EXP. class in the afternoon...they should go first!

It is a toss up. We have ran in different orders different years and it always changes. Last year the quads cleaned off the course for epic race conditions for the experts. However, in past years the quads have turned the course into soup. It all depends on the weather. The UTV's are going off the line first this year. We had 10 of them show up and there were a few complaints about the UTV's running with the quads. We tried the pit bike class but had a dismal turnout so the pit bikes are out and the UTV's are in. The quad classes have grown larger and larger each year. A total of 161 four wheelers for 2008. I think the second moto (with open am) had 300+ racers in it. The line up is set in stone for this year but we always ask for feedback so don't hold back.

Joe...........

We tried the pit bike class but had a dismal turnout so the pit bikes are out and the UTV's are in...

No doubt... could you image trying to ride that course with 10-12" wheels :thumbsup: ?

I had a tough enough time with my full-size bike... that mud was brutal.

Can't wait for this year's race :moon: .

No doubt... could you image trying to ride that course with 10-12" wheels :thumbsup: ?

I had a tough enough time with my full-size bike... that mud was brutal.

Can't wait for this year's race :moon: .

The pit bikes has a short course that looped them around the grass field. We didn't run them up in the trees or even the track. Pit bikes on the full course would be a little harsh.

Here are the two racers we had come out:

http://www.jctra.org/gallery/v/hangoverscramble/2008/joe/IMG_4131.jpg.html

http://www.jctra.org/gallery/v/hangoverscramble/2008/joe/IMG_4132.jpg.html

Now this is a starting line;)

IMG_4142.jpg

Hangover_2008004.jpg

hopefully it will be a bit colder this year to freeze the mud. Are you guys planning to run through the lake again?

hopefully it will be a bit colder this year to freeze the mud. Are you guys planning to run through the lake again?

You talking about this little tiny puddle of water? Could be:) Most people figured out to stay to the left but there were a few that ventured off to the right. Some gained a spot by taking the deeper water, some lost many spots.

Joe.........

IMG_4403.jpg

IMG_4568.jpg

IMG_4590.jpg

You talking about this little tiny puddle of water? Could be:) Most people figured out to stay to the left but there were a few that ventured off to the right. Some gained a spot by taking the deeper water, some lost many spots.

Joe.........

IMG_4403.jpg

IMG_4568.jpg

IMG_4590.jpg

That would be the one, I got held up at the hill climb and they were going around the puddle by the time I got there in the amatuer class. :thumbsup::moon:

Hope to do a little better than middle of the pack this year. When you say longer should I bring my GPS:smirk:

Joe.........

IMG_4568.jpg

QUOTE]

MXJunky???:thumbsup:

Joe.........

IMG_4568.jpg

QUOTE]

MXJunky???:thumbsup:

MXJunky yes :moon: was passed by about 150 riders after getting stuck in that puddle.

Joe.........

IMG_4403.jpg

When I first saw this picture I felt bad for a second. I remember #28 going kind of slow into it like he didn't want to get wet, and me diving in with full rain gear at full speed.

Of course, ever since that second of guilt was over, I've been laughing my :moon: off every time I see it. Sorry dude :thumbsup:

i've run it for the last couple of years wouldn't miss it for anything

We'll be there.... rain, shine, snow, ice....etc....:bonk: