Heat Shield Fabrication??

Hey all, I bought a full T4 exhaust for my 00 XRR and now when ever i stand for long periods of time, it will bur my pants. I don't really mind, but when I ride to work, my scrubs get holes in them very fast. It's not the headers I am having troubles with, but the pipe that connects them to the can. Anyway, I was just wondering if you guys have had the same trouble, and if so, how you are coping. Thanks guys.

You might want to try some header wrap on that part of the pipe (or the whole header for that matter). It won't make it cold to the touch, but it'll probably bring the temperature down to the point where it won't burn holes in your pants. It doesn't cost much for a roll of it and you can pick it up at just about any automotive parts store.

I've seen that stuff before but never thought of it. How well do you think it would hold up? I get pretty dang crazy on mine, especially when chugging through deep water.

I've seen that stuff before but never thought of it. How well do you think it would hold up? I get pretty dang crazy on mine, especially when chugging through deep water.

It holds up pretty well, just make sure that when you put it on you get it on there tight, and you keep it clean and dry when the bike isn't in use. A 25 ft roll doesn't cost much and should be enough to do that part of the pipe many times over if you feel the need to change it out fairly often.

Sweet, I'll give it a shot. Thanks Dog

No problem. :thumbsup:

Iv'e used the 2" black stuff from Summit racing.com.Have re-wraped it a couple times in three years. It last a lot longer if you paint it with hi-heat paint when your done.