rm85 or kx85?

Well i am looking at 85s and im like 5,2 and want a 85. I ride like open stuff or mx tracks. Chose these bikes to because of the powervalve and don't want the hit to be as hard as like a yz85. Also my dad thinks i shouldn't get a 100 because there faster and close to a 125 and i am just coming off a ttr125le. Well i just want to know what you think.

thanks

eric

the 100 will last you longer before you grow out of it, the kx100 and rm100 are the same bike the kx85 and rm85 IS NOT the same bike.

the rm85 fits smaller riders better, the kx85 fits larger riders better,

i like the kx85 for a goo all around bike fun to play on fun to race etc. the rm85 is a great bike the new 09's are super sick with updated bottom end. the kx85 has a TON of aftermarket support so you can buy a lot of trick parts for it. out of the box stock the rm85 is probably a little faster then the kx85, but a modified kx can be made to be faster in the long run.

Just my .02 either way you cant lose, but if i was you id take your dads advice and get a 100:thumbsup:

thanks jamracing

:thumbsup:

If I was you, I would get the kx 100 because it doesn't hit any harder than the kx 85, but it has a little more power and it would last you longer.

dude, an 85 wont last you long at all if you are getting tired of your ttr125, they arent an incredible power difference. i came off an xr75 to an rm125 and i was fine, i would definitely go with a 100, maybe a 105sx.

you will get tired of an 85 fast

dude, an 85 wont last you long at all if you are getting tired of your ttr125, they arent an incredible power difference. i came off an xr75 to an rm125 and i was fine, i would definitely go with a 100, maybe a 105sx.

you will get tired of an 85 fast

WTH do you mean? A ttr 125 makes about 6 ponies. A yz 85 makes something like 3 times that or pretty close to.

ya, and my xr75 makes less than that, what im saying is the rm's power was impressive for like a month, then it felt like a normal bike. i was already looking into a pipe.

what would an 85 be like after coming off a bigger bike

The KX is a great bike, cant go wrong. you WILL outgrow it pretty quick though. try looking for a used one that will last you a year cause you gonna want/need more after that.

yeah thats what i was thinking to get a nice used one