Looking for new bars

Looking to replace the PT bars on my 02 kx125. I have been looking at the Easton EXP bars but I am confused by the way they id the bars. Does anyone have a suggestion for choosing the proper bar for my bike? I went to eastons website but they only go back to 2005. Thanks

You will need the oversize bar clamps 1-1/8" they make a universal kit.

I just put Easton bars on my KDX I used the YZ high style

You will need the oversize bar clamps 1-1/8" they make a universal kit.

I just put Easton bars on my KDX I used the YZ high style

The Easton EXP bars are 1-3/8" (35mm).

I guess it depends wich Easton you are looking at My bars are 1-1/8 Answer

Easton bars

Yeah I was looking at the Easton EXP bars and trying to figure out which bend to by.

i personally wouldnt use those 1 3/8" there is no need and they look dumb IMO. but the bend you choose is kind of a personal choice thing. i like my renthal carmichal bend on my kx. and i like a moose kx bend with 30mm+ of rise on my drz. the drz could use taller bars too

what bend bars are you looking to repace, didi you like that bend, too tall? not tall enough? how did it feel when you were standing? are they in your knees when you are sitting or turning?

go to cycle gear on country club, they have a good selection so you can actually go look at the diff bends

i like my renthal carmichal bend on my kx.

I like that bend too. :thumbsup: I bought a set when they first came out. I don't use that specific bend right now but I'm running Pro Taper Contours Zuki/KTM bend which is simillar. A tall and flat bar. I read some people ragging on the Contour bars but I haven't had one problem with them......and I have my fair share of spills.

I guess it depends wich Easton you are looking at My bars are 1-1/8 Answer

Easton bars

When they were still called Answer, they were 1-1/8". Easton and Answer have now parted ways, and Easton's new EXP line of bars are 1-3/8".
When they were still called Answer, they were 1-1/8". Easton and Answer have now parted ways, and Easton's new EXP line of bars are 1-3/8".

Sounds like one more thing to confuuuse the :thumbsup: outta me.

Sounds like one more thing to confuuuse the :thumbsup: outta me.
Nah, it's not confusing. Answer didn't make their own bars. They purchased their bars from Easton and marketed them under their own name.

Easton no longer supplies bars to Answer, and they have decided to directly market their product under their own name. But they also took it a step further. In order to gain market share for their own brand name, they knew they needed something different from what others offered, and so the 1-3/8" bar was born.

I have a set of proteper/easton ea70 and there is a part number stamped on the left end. I wanted to get taller bars and just bought the protaper contour pastrana fmx bars, and both bars are the same height. Different bend, but come to be the same height.

Is there any way to look up that part number?