xr hard to start randomly

ive got a xr650l kickstart and most the time it starts on the first kick but every once and a while it will not start and i dont know why. it will take up to 30 mins to start. i didnt know if yall had any ideas of something wrong or suggestion of what yall do when you are having a hard time cranking your bike

ive got a xr650l kickstart and most the time it starts on the first kick but every once and a while it will not start and i dont know why. it will take up to 30 mins to start. i didnt know if yall had any ideas of something wrong or suggestion of what yall do when you are having a hard time cranking your bike

You have a 650L with a kickstart add-on? Nice. Well, I'd start by checking spark, compression, and then getting into the carb and checking for clogged jets, and jet circuits.

Poor fuel is a possibility as well.

Have you tried clearing it out as if it flooded? If it doesn't respond to that, then I would guess it's electrical like a loose connection somewhere.

it was electrical. it was a loose connection. problem fixed, i just hope it stays fixed

My XRR was also was doing that............Stuck Float not letting gas into the carb.

its definitly not the compression. it has kicked back and thrown me off the bike b/c it has so much compression