MSR Sharkfin

Will this fit the my 2001 s? does it mount to the caliper and come with bolts?

??????

rp# 93 and counting

rp# 93 and counting

????:thumbsup:

OP....not sure...until recently I have been running a TOPAR Disc guard which seemed to have a pretty solid mounting to the rear brake bracket. I some where smacked a rock and the lower mounting tab of the brake bracket sheared off.........now I am also looking at options to get another guard in place. I found a guard over at XR's only for the DRZ that is all one peice like the Scotts.....so far I have not found a MSR or Scotts to fit the DRZ specifically? but I also have not looked that hard...........

I had a MSR Sharkfin on my 2006 SM model and it fit fine. The Sharkfin is a universal mount so it's meant to fit a bunch of bike. My guess is that it will fit yours. I don't know for sure, but it should.

Do you have a Cycle Gear out there or some place that stocks them? If so, just measure your mounting bolts and check to see if it will work.

I went to the MSR website, and it did not list the DRZ as one of the bikes that it will fit. It is a universal mount though so it may work. Don't know.

I purchased one a few years ago and never installed it. Went with the Topar instead. Never checked to see if it fit. If i can find it in my garage you can have it. PM me if you are interested, someone should put it to use.

Mike :thumbsup::moon:

????:ride:

OP....not sure...until recently I have been running a TOPAR Disc guard which seemed to have a pretty solid mounting to the rear brake bracket. I some where smacked a rock and the lower mounting tab of the brake bracket sheared off.........now I am also looking at options to get another guard in place. I found a guard over at XR's only for the DRZ that is all one peice like the Scotts.....so far I have not found a MSR or Scotts to fit the DRZ specifically? but I also have not looked that hard...........

just broke my jury rigged sharkfin setup. What is the cheapest option now that I have broken off the tab at the bottom of the caliper?

edit: ok so it looks like I want to go with axle bolt on. Is scott the only company that makes a axle bolt on unit for the drz? The ones at wheeling mount the same as my MSR

Edited by East Coast