I need a rubber!!

That's a ton of money for a dirtbike tire. Go hit your local motocross series website and look for some local vendors. I've seen front & rear combo offers for $100 around here. The local motocross tracks are also a good place to pick up a deal during a race.

If your terrain is really slick, you need to stick with a tire like a Dunlop 773, 752, or 756. Also, Michelin's S-12 works well on slick terrain. I'd run 14 psi to start, and then decrease pressure if needed.

The IRC you linked to is completely wrong for your terrain.

Check out Motosport Outlet if you can't find a local supplier. They offer free two-day shipping on purchases over $99. If your budget is really tight, check out the Kenda Millville or Southwick tire - available in a front & rear combo for $99 delivered from Motosport.

Hey guys, I'm lookin for some new shoes for my rm250. i was lookin at somc IRC volcanduro's. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/29/392/14976/ITEM/IRC-Volcanduro-VE-40-Intermediate-to-Hard-Rear-Tire.aspx has anyone used or heard how these are for ridin trails. My trails are so slick its like ridin on ice all the time.

i had a michelin sg12 front and a volcanduro VE33 on the rear, the ve33 hooked up well in almost any terrain, the s12 front stick like glue in almost anything as well, the s12 front seems to last a long time the VE-33 rear does not, it wears fast doesnt really chunk its a nice even wear but it still wears fast similar to the pirelli tires we have run before.

i have since switched to dunlop 756 pro replicas, and wow these are the best tires i have been on, instant confidence boost best suited for a mx track probably, but i run mine in desert to nasty trails with great results

Well this tire discussion is really great, but what does this have to do with needing a condom?

i have since switched to dunlop 756 pro replicas, and wow these are the best tires i have been on, instant confidence boost best suited for a mx track probably, but i run mine in desert to nasty trails with great results

The 756 is an excellent tire for my part of the world. That's what I run.

so is wider better?

I have the Vulcanduros on my XR400 and run in S. Ohio, so that's close to PA. Like one poster said, they hook up good in slime, and do fairly well on the gravel roads too. They do wear even, don't chunk, and I've had mine on all summer and fall, and its about 60% on the rear. Front is still about 80%. I'd buy them again.

The VE-33 is the ONLY tire i will ever run now...tried many,many combos and came to a IRC VE-33 rear and Brigestone M59 front for very mixed conditons and terrains and these 2 simply cant be beat

they also wear on the slower side of the spectrum...:thumbsup:

That's a ton of money for a dirtbike tire.

Thats cheap for 1 tire, around here I got my michelin MS3s front and rear for aroun 220 bucks not including labor. Gotta pay to play and I would get a good tire and pay a little extra then get somthing cheap and have it not last. Just my .02:p

Thats cheap for 1 tire, around here I got my michelin MS3s front and rear for aroun 220 bucks not including labor. Gotta pay to play and I would get a good tire and pay a little extra then get somthing cheap and have it not last. Just my .02:p

Holy hell! you need some better dealers or need to start shopping online!

Coming from a fellow Pa rider, I have to say my michelins were probably the best do it all tire. I can't really say that it's too slimey around here, more hard pack than anything, so the MH3's did really well. The MH3's saw a fair amount of trail time rather than track. The D756's are do alright for track use. I made the mistake of putting one on for a trail ride. I'll never do that again. Talk about $50 down the drain. :thumbsup:

I really haven't had much experience with pirelli's until this year and I must say I'm rather impressed. I ran the MX extra's since early june of this summer. They are still on the bike with roughly 60% tread left. I was so impressed with them that I have two more sets out in the garage for next season. I got them for $98 a set from my local dealer.

yeah I should of bought them online.. but instead I just bought them from my local shop and just payed for it all together I buy most parts online nowadays though :thumbsup:

actually it wasn't 220 my bad it was more like 190ish I still thought that was fairly cheap for 2 tires and they were really nice too.. I loved the tread pattern.

I have never ran pirelli's mabye i'll try them sometime..

The ve33 is one tough tire! I have had great luck with it.I have used it in rocky,muddy,snowy condition's and it kick's ass.It wear's like an anvil,beat on it all you want!!My local shop guy's all run the ve33 in the mountain's here and swear by it.imo a great choice!Good luck.

Ive got a Kenda Washougal on the back of my RM250 right now, pretty good tire.

I have the Vulcanduros on my XR400 and run in S. Ohio, so that's close to PA. Like one poster said, they hook up good in slime, and do fairly well on the gravel roads too. They do wear even, don't chunk, and I've had mine on all summer and fall, and its about 60% on the rear. Front is still about 80%. I'd buy them again.

i lived in marietta for a year. that anywhere near you?