New Tires For Sugar?!?

Ok guys so I went riding today and the sugar absolutely killed me its like i had no control on my bike i have a michelin front tire and a dunlop rear lol its what was on it when i bought it so what im asking for is your opinion on the best tire for soft sugary sand not necessarily dunes but CROOM sand for those of you in Florida

Thanks

If you never ride on anything hard, the Dunlop 773 is the best sand tire that I've tried here in Florida. But hard dirt will destroy them quickly. I run 756s most of the time here. They are about as good as anything is going to be when it's dry and powdery.

yeah the 756's sound more for me as sometimes i will go ride in a dry clay pit does anyone else have an opinion on these??

Pirelli Scorpion Pro front

Kenda K760 Trakmaster II rear

maybe a paddle tire? kenda southwick?

nah theres no way a paddle would be any good through the woods

A paddle tire wouldn't work here in Florida.

oh its in the woods. Im pretty sure all dealers make a sand specific tire.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't tires made for sand and mud made of a hard compound?? Wouldn't that mean they wouldn't wear as bad?

Then that would mean tires made for hard pack terrain are made of a soft compound, so they heat up and grip better, but wear more quickly??

That's always been my understanding of tires.. :thumbsup:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't tires made for sand and mud made of a hard compound?? Wouldn't that mean they wouldn't wear as bad?

Then that would mean tires made for hard pack terrain are made of a soft compound, so they heat up and grip better, but wear more quickly??

That's always been my understanding of tires.. :thumbsup:

That's true as a very generalized statement, but there are always exceptions.

Soft terrain tires don't hold up on hard pack for two reasons.

First, they have fewer knobs with larger spaces between the knobs than hard terrain tires, so there is less contact area to adhere to the ground. Less contact area with the same amount of power being channeled through it means higher heat and faster wear.

Second, because they are generally a harder compound, the knobs on soft compound tires are less flexible, so they tend to chunk and tear on hard terrain.

For Mixed conditions the 756 works well. It takes a bit to get it going in sandy conditions but it works good once you get going. I would look for another tire if you ride in them more than 70% of the time.

hey guys so i went to my cyclegear today and was looking at the tires there :thumbsup: and the guy there said the micheling ms3 is a great tire and that i should :moon: get it for the sugar... any thoughts??