Disconnecting fuel hose from tank on an 08

Anyone else have any troubles disconnecting the fuel hose from the fuel pump mounted on the tank? It has a little quick disconnect like coupling and seems it should just pop right off, but I couldn't get mine to unlatch at all. I noticed the manual says not to use any tools to unlatch the coupling and to only use your hands. Are they afraid of people breaking the coupling or something? I know this sounds like a silly question but this thing was driving me nuts earlier today trying to get it to disconnect. :thumbsup: Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Very easy. Push the fitting on as far as it can go. There should be two little buttons on opposite sides of the square part of the fitting. Press those inward then pull the fitting off. Doesn't take much force at all.

IMO, much more efficient and neater thatn the old way. Ya, it was nice having a fuel valve, but I definitly like this way more.

Very easy. Push the fitting on as far as it can go. There should be two little buttons on opposite sides of the square part of the fitting. Press those inward then pull the fitting off. Doesn't take much force at all.

Yes you're right and I could've swore I tried that method with pushing the fitting on far as it could go first.....maybe I didn't push it on far enough. Either way, I just left the fuel hose on and emptied the tank with it still attached. Actually that was the only reason why I was wanting to disconnect the hose was so I could drain the tank. However, I noticed the manual has a note in there at the beginning saying to drain the tank first before disconnecting the fuel hose. So I'm guessing they just expect you to flip the tank over with the fuel hose still attached in order to drain it. :thumbsup:

Yes you're right and I could've swore I tried that method with pushing the fitting on far as it could go first.....maybe I didn't push it on far enough. Either way, I just left the fuel hose on and emptied the tank with it still attached. Actually that was the only reason why I was wanting to disconnect the hose was so I could drain the tank. However, I noticed the manual has a note in there at the beginning saying to drain the tank first before disconnecting the fuel hose. So I'm guessing they just expect you to flip the tank over with the fuel hose still attached in order to drain it. :thumbsup:

If you disconnect the fuel line from the tank it will not leak fuel. At least mine and the other ones I have worked on haven't leaked when you take the line off of the tank.

If you disconnect the fuel line from the tank it will not leak fuel. At least mine and the other ones I have worked on haven't leaked when you take the line off of the tank.

Ya, if it is leaking from the tank there may be a slight problem.