Wich is the better buy?

Hello everyone, I've been looking for a new bike for next season. I do a little of everything, moto, scrambles, and trails... I'm not the one to say Honda's are the best and every other company sucks, because you all know that not true. I look for the better deals and here latley, I havent been able to find any good deals on Yami's, Zuk's or Kawi's, and I'm to poor to afford a KTM:smirk: Plus I've slowly been convinceing myself to get a Honda 250.

I've found a few of what I like to belive are good deals, but I would like some opions from people that have bought them before. Thanks!:thumbsup:

2005 250R

http://dayton.craigslist.org/mcy/892440261.html

2006 250R

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/883001128.html

2006 250R

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/920303724.html

2006 250R

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/921260961.html

2006 250X

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/901975992.html

bro you need to ask the owners of the 250R's the history of the bike(whens the last time they changed both transmission and engine oil, when the valves have been adjusted or changed, engine rebuild, EVERY little thing about them. i dont know much about the X's cause i have an 07 250R, which i am trying to sell (maybe) but if your interested we will talk. but about the 250R's you have to maintain maintain mantain. you cant just ride and put away or you will have problems with them. IF you are a first rider with a motocross bike im guessing the 250x is a good bike for you. you can get the feel for maintaing a good bike and it is also a great woods and scrambles bike. it also has the hitrogen shocks good for open motocross. hope that helped. hit me up if any other questionds. GO HONDA !! :thumbsup:

The 05 looks tasty on the outside, but its old and would probably have many problems.

All the bikes you've shown have been ridden hard, you can tell by the cases. But out of them all i'd go for this one;

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/883001128.html

yeah thats the one i saw also. the x looks like it hasnt been taken care of.

Are you crazy? get the one for $2200 tomorrow, today, right now..thats a hell of a price for an 06 and it looks good too...just be sure to ride it and make sure it idles perfect, revs good and all that good stuff...Im gonna be getting an 06 later this month..the 06's are going for about $3000 out here in cali...

Are you crazy? get the one for $2200 tomorrow, today, right now..thats a hell of a price for an 06 and it looks good too...just be sure to ride it and make sure it idles perfect, revs good and all that good stuff...Im gonna be getting an 06 later this month..the 06's are going for about $3000 out here in cali...

Just by looking at it i can see why its that price. It will probably need ALOT of work once he buys it, the cases are so torn up, its had ALOT of ride time. and been used for racing. Thats why it's so cheap.

I like the price of the 06 in pittsburg. For that price you could do a full rebuild and be around the same as the others.

Just by looking at it i can see why its that price. It will probably need ALOT of work once he buys it, the cases are so torn up, its had ALOT of ride time. and been used for racing. Thats why it's so cheap.

you cant tell how many hours are on it by how worn the cases are... what if its got like 15 hours on it and the cases cracked so he got some off fleabay? what if he put like 80 hours on it then did a full engine rebuild? so its basically a brand new motor except the cases are scratched...I'd buy it...even if it is time for a rebuild like red rider said you could rebuild it and come out even and be confident that the motor is gonna last....

Thanks for the input guy's. I'm really looking at the 06 in Canton with N-Style graphics. I also like the 05, but I cant get ahold of the owner. The guy that has the 06 with the monster graphics said he had raced it, and my dad always says never but A bike thats been raced... The one in PA, is alittle outta my reach and like Doofosmitch said. You can tell its been raced.

I like the X, but I think I my start racing again and I dont think it would be the best choice for that... (besides, If I dont buy it then my dad will. LOL) so I pretty much narrowed myself down to the 06 for 3500, or the one that was raced for 3100... witch one to choose from?

Thanks for the input guy's. I'm really looking at the 06 in Canton with N-Style graphics. I also like the 05, but I cant get ahold of the owner. The guy that has the 06 with the monster graphics said he had raced it, and my dad always says never but A bike thats been raced... The one in PA, is alittle outta my reach and like Doofosmitch said. You can tell its been raced.

I like the X, but I think I my start racing again and I dont think it would be the best choice for that... (besides, If I dont buy it then my dad will. LOL) so I pretty much narrowed myself down to the 06 for 3500, or the one that was raced for 3100... witch one to choose from?

The one for 3500.

He said he'll supply a shim kit, maintenance manual. and the top end was just rebuilt. Sounds like a good buy to me.

The one for 3500.

He said he'll supply a shim kit, maintenance manual. and the top end was just rebuilt. Sounds like a good buy to me.

Awsome! I'm going to go with it. I sent him an e-mail, and didnt get anything back and that was like three days ago. I'm going to try and call him tomorrow after I get home from school:thumbsup:

I wouldnt rule out the bike that is selling for $2150.

Usually someone that is a competitve racer will take the time to maintain their bike. He does state that he has been good about maint. And he is selling because he bought a bike with more power.

Id be more worried if it was cheap, and had never been raced. That would indicate that the rider was a weekend basher that had no idea how to maintain a bike.

My 2 cents.

Well, I would be leary of that 3d bike from the top, the 2006 for $3100. It looks good, but look at what he bought: a 2008 YZ 250F. Almost every test claims the YZ is now a bit behind the other brands, except in reliability. My guess is that this guy has had troubles, or at least is concerned about potential troubles, so he bought the reliable YZ to replace the CRF. I could be wrong, but that is how I see it.

you guy's make a good point...

depends on each bikes history. also what are u looking for in a bike? power? relibility? racing? recreation?

depends on each bikes history. also what are u looking for in a bike? power? relibility? racing? recreation?

looking for a bike thats semi-reliable, but thats not a big deal cause I like to work on and maintain my bikes. I'm thinking about getting back into racing motorcross, and just riding for fun. I cant get ahold of any of the guy's with the 250R's, and I have a guy with a 06 WR250F with 4 hours on it asking 3500 from me. If I cant get in touch with any of them, then I'm just going to buy the WR, because I can race harescrambles then!:bonk:

I have a 2005 X, and if you are gonna do much moto, definately get the R. My friends R is almost as good as my X on regular trails, but on tight trails the X shines. I would go with the R. In fact, im gonna get a R in the next few months.