What to work on??

Ehh, what do I work on now? I know there's tons of these threads, heck i've even replied to some. But I'm completely lost on what I need to work on now. I mean I want my corners faster but how do I go about getting them faster?

Well as i started riding more and more i noticed the way i got faster was getting into and out of corners. Before i rarely used my back brake, now i go into most corners 3rd-4th gear pinned sliding in with both brakes and then pinning it all the way out. If you work on going faster into corners you'll amaze yourself. At first it's scary, you should go so fast that you don't think your going to make it. Do this on every corner and that could be 10-15 seconds off your lap time.

Well as i started riding more and more i noticed the way i got faster was getting into and out of corners. Before i rarely used my back brake, now i go into most corners 3rd-4th gear pinned sliding in with both brakes and then pinning it all the way out. If you work on going faster into corners you'll amaze yourself. At first it's scary, you should go so fast that you don't think your going to make it. Do this on every corner and that could be 10-15 seconds off your lap time.

1+

Races are won in corners! :thumbsup:

if you want to go faster thru corners, you must commit to training on them.

try them a few ways with speed, then increase speed. you need to get the speed up to where you almost crash and then pull it back a notch.

with alot of practice corners will be exciting instead of dreaded.

Now I just have to work on jumping my old body.

Al

You need to go out there past the limit, then bring it back to the edge. That's what the Formula 1 racers do during practice. They are constantly spinning out on the corners until they find the limit.

From the pics you've posted here, you seem to be a gifted rider, so I am not sure how much work you need in the technique department. Sounds like you just need to get your mojo back from Dr. Evil.

Like Breeze said, "go out there past the limit, then bring it back to the edge." Push yourself a little harder in turns until you feel that adrenaline rush running through you. Also, what helps me is practicing with someone who is just a little faster. Before you know it, you'll be on the faster guy's rear tire and maybe even in front of him if you get your mojo back.

if you want to go faster thru corners, you must commit to training on them.

try them a few ways with speed, then increase speed. you need to get the speed up to where you almost crash and then pull it back a notch.

with alot of practice corners will be exciting instead of dreaded.

Now I just have to work on jumping my old body.

Al

Corners are always fun for me. I never get tired of railing a corner. I'm always crashing cause I try to get on the gas sooner and/or my front end washing out. I'm a fairly good rider and my problem is I can't find anyone to ride with that can push me(that's when I learn best). It seems I can't processes what's going on any faster. Maybe my brains just works to slow.

Prob should have stated I'm not the average new rider. Been riding for 13 years and there's plenty of poeple that would be love to be at my "speed". I'm just never happy with it and want to keep working gainning more.

Corners are always fun for me. I never get tired of railing a corner. I'm always crashing cause I try to get on the gas sooner and/or my front end washing out. I'm a fairly good rider and my problem is I can't find anyone to ride with that can push me(that's when I learn best). It seems I can't processes what's going on any faster. Maybe my brains just works to slow.

Prob should have stated I'm not the average new rider. Been riding for 13 years and there's plenty of poeple that would be love to be at my "speed". I'm just never happy with it and want to keep working gainning more.

Race 125A :thumbsup:

Just curious, what class do you ride?

Race 125A :thumbsup:

Been in A for 3 years now.

Just curious, what class do you ride?

125 and 250 A. Even did a canadian national 2 years ago. Got 23rd or something like that. I'm tryin to impove for LL this year.

Been in A for 3 years now.

125 and 250 A. Even did a canadian national 2 years ago. Got 23rd or something like that. I'm tryin to impove for LL this year.

Sounds like you need to try and get your pro license!

Sounds like you need to try and get your pro license!

Don't got the money to do the AX series or the 4 stroke national series. Only other way is to do really good at LL, that's what I'm going for. I just figured I could ask how to improve corners cause Usaully it's something simple to do/try that i'm over looking. Just trying to find other peoples methods or "practice."

Don't got the money to do the AX series or the 4 stroke national series. Only other way is to do really good at LL, that's what I'm going for. I just figured I could ask how to improve corners cause Usaully it's something simple to do/try that i'm over looking. Just trying to find other peoples methods or "practice."

Have days where you practice perfect technique regardless of speed.