Junk sprockets?

I bought a used bike that had a 14/ 49 sprocket setup. The rear sprocket is worn pretty bad. The guy said the chain is almost new, but I cant finda brand or out of service indicator.

I came accross this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/REAR-STEEL-SPROCKET-HONDA-04-07-CRF250R-CRF-49-TOOTH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ120171575601QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Are there junk sprockets?

Should I go with an aluminum one or is steel the way to go?

Thanks

Mike

it says that no other sprocket company will replace it for free, BS....supersprox will, i am going with them as all the teeth are broke off me renthal at the moment

Keep in mind, that was added in 2004...

The Ironman will outlast your bike.

it says that no other sprocket company will replace it for free, BS....supersprox will, i am going with them as all the teeth are broke off me renthal at the moment

I'm running a Supersprox rear. Very good sprocket and reasonably priced. I have 2 sets of wheels and both have one of these. One of them has at least 1500 miles on it, no visible wear.

It's all I'll buy from now on.

i went cheap price wise on my sprocket change and got a steel JT front and rear.

that ironman sprocket is sick but i got a RK chain, front and rear sprockest for less that that.

Supersprox is the only way to go! A full season on 1 and a season and a half on the other. Neither on the 2 bikes show any indication wear. 4 chains and front sprockets are all I've changed. My kid rides hard.

I'm running a Supersprox rear. Very good sprocket and reasonably priced. I have 2 sets of wheels and both have one of these. One of them has at least 1500 miles on it, no visible wear.

It's all I'll buy from now on.

Supersprox is the only way to go! A full season on 1 and a season and a half on the other. Neither on the 2 bikes show any indication wear. 4 chains and front sprockets are all I've changed. My kid rides hard.

good, not i am not the only one on TT thats will have them, is the front supersprox really worth 20 bucks

good, not i am not the only one on TT thats will have them, is the front supersprox really worth 20 bucks

Never tried the front. I use Sunstar front sprockets.

Front sprockets don't last that long anyway.

They didn't offer the front when I got the rear so I got the stock Honda front. If it's anything like the rear, I'll buy it. If you get one, let us know how it holds up.

i think i am gonna get a supersprox front just cause they look sick haha

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By TPA-MX
      Hi All,
      I have run across an interesting bike trade that I would really like some guidance/feedback/opinions on.  
      First, let me give you some background on my riding style and type of terrain we (myself and my boys) ride on.  I am the type of rider that feels like I can go faster, jump higher and turn better, watching Supercross on Saturday nights only makes it worse, but in reality, I am a weekend basher.  We ride mostly at local (Tampa) MX tracks (Tampa MX, Ocala Hardrock, and Spyder Mx) along with some trail riding on our 50 acer property here in tampa.  I am planning to add a few jumps and berms to the trail track to make it more fun. My son's are very similar, but less fearful on getting hurt.  They can get hurt and not negatively affect the income for the home.    Needless to say, we like to have fun and use MX as a bonding sport for all of us. 
      Now, I would say that my role has turned more into the family/friend mechanic.  We have bought a sold 12 bikes in the last 14 months, so I do like buying a bike, resurrecting it, making sure it is mechanically sound and looks good.  It then gets sold, and I move on to the next one.  Consider it therapy for me! 
      I recently picked up a 2011 YZ450f, and I really like the bike.  The 450 completed the "Class" trifecta for us (2007 CR125r, 2014 KX250f and the YZ450f).  However, I have always has a soft spot in my heart for Hondas.  I have found a 2015 CRF250r that looks like it is in really GREAT condition, almost equally as the 450 I have (still have to take a look at it).  He is interested in trading for the 450. 
      I know that bikes go through their "great" years and "not so great" years.  How is the 2015 CRF250r?  Reliable?  Good reviews?  Is the 2015 a year that was awesome or one to stay away from?
      2015 CRF250r - Pretty stock except the full dual Yohsi Exhaust system (rs-9), protaper bars and some ubreakable levers.  Other than that, it is mostly stock, minus a few cosmetic upgrades. 2011 YZ450f - Pretty stock as well except the Yoshi slip-on silencer, brand new chain, works connection radiator braces, rebuilt suspension, all new plastics and graphics (arrive tomorrow).  Bunch of cosmetic upgrades.  Would you personally consider trading a 2011 yz450f for a 2015 CRF250r?  Thoughts?
      Thanks in advance!

• By Michael Pieterse
      Hey guys,
      first post here.
      My bike is a 2009 Honda CRF250R which i bought in August 2017, i have only ridden it twice since then due to mechanical problems.
      When i bought the bike i didn't know as much as i do now unfortunately, nevertheless ive spent more on it than what i paid for originally.
      i Took the bike to my local Honda dealership and they said its a common occurrence where the bikes wont turn over it just needs clearance adjustment and shimming, i brought my bike to them and told them to do a full inspection on it.
      Initially after the inspection they said; Tyres are worn, front brake pads worn, clearance need to be checked and 4x shims needs replacement. i told them to continue with their work and do whatever needs to be done to get my bike running again. 
      A week go by and no luck, according to them they got the bike starting but heard a knock from the engine and the cam chain and tensioner needs to be replaced as it is in correlation to the bike not turning over, few days later with a new cam chain installed the bike started first kick according to the mechanic but didn't want to turn over for a second time no matter how many times they tried.
      After them inspecting the bike again they phoned me and said the flywheel is demagnetized and the stator is burnt, but there are no new parts available anywhere in South Africa and it would take 6weeks to get the new parts.
      Their initial quote was R1100 to get my bike running again, it totaled to R7000 without the flywheel and stator which was an additional R6800. This Honda dealership clearly don't follow procedure and cant comprehend the concept of what a full inspection means otherwise there wouldn't have been that much trial and error on their part.
      i took my bike back almost 7 times more than what i thought it would cost only to get a bike still in the same condition as before, not running.
      a local mechanic supplied me with a second hand flywheel and stator for R3000 which made the bike start with much struggle (cant cold start, 20-30 kicks when warm plus it had a massive bog) meaning Honda never even bothered to look at my carb, there was a stripped leak jet which is very visible and they never mentioned it once.
      i had my carb dipped in acid and rebuilt as the acc bypass nozzle that squirts fuel into the engine was also blocked and spraying mist, carb cleaner, compressed air and thin wire couldn't clear it up but the acid bath made it look brand new and working perfectly, they also drilled out the stripped leak jet and replaced it for me.
      a different local mechanic had a look at my bike and the shims had to be replaced again... the Honda dealership clearly knows what they're doing.
      My bike can finally start but the power delivery is super jerky. if i punch the throttle there is a delay before it kicks in and you can hear/ feel there's something wrong.
      slowly opening the throttle is when its worse, i attached a link to a YouTube video of my bike. i would greatly appreciate any assistance to resolve this problem.
      thanks in advance
      the idle sounds a bit high but after a few seconds itll drop down for some reason. not shure if its a related issue.

• By MotoXRacer_19
      Hi guys, probably a stupid question here, but I figure you can never be too safe. I have some Motorex 15w-50 from my 2010 KTM 250 XC (which I sold) and I was wondering if it would be okay to run in my 2014 KTM 350 XC-F which calls for Motorex 10w-50? What would be the side effects of running a 15w-50 instead of a 10w-50?
      Also, if you have any suggestions of good oil to run, please feel free to recommend it and give your reasons why.
      Thanks guys.
      (Attached is my 350)

• By cardi4
      Parting out my 14 crf250. This bike was a jimmy d race bike. The motor is rebuilt with 1 hour on it with all oem parts including piston, rings, crank, every trans bearing, main bearings, water pump and bearings, cylinder, and center case. It has a vortex ecu, Hinson clutch, Boysen super cooler, decked and ported head by TLR with Del west valves and custom cam. Let me know what you want and how much. Also have the title for the frame.

PLEASE NOTE: PART OUT ONLY
    • By John B.
      I hope someone can help me correctly jet(or at least get to a good starting point) my son's 04 CRF250R. It has a Hot Cams Stage 1 cam, stainless valves, FMF PowerBomb header pipe with a FMF Powercore 4 S/A Silencer muffler, Stealthy 31 ounce flywheel and a 53 tooth rear sprocket(stock 13 tooth front sprocket). The FMF PowerBomb header pipe and FMF Powercore 4 S/A Silencer muffler are new this year. We do mostly trail and fire road riding, no track racing, which is the reason for the heavy flywheel and +2 on the rear sprocket. FMF recommended: 50/50 mix of race fuel and super unleaded, main-170, pilot-42, needle- NHGT in 3rd position and 1 1/2 turns on fuel screw. They couldn't give me any specs for just pump gas and race fuel is hard to find near me(not to mention pretty expensive for trail riding) so I'm hesitant to use this as a starting point. I also read on TT to use a NCYQ needle-3rd position, 48 pilot, 50 leak and 2 turns out on the fuel screw. These are only 2 examples of approximately 6 different jetting specs I've received and they are all different from each other. The current specs are:
      Current Jetting- Main  160
                             Pilot    45
                            Leak    70
                            Needle  NCYR  #4
                            2 1/4 turns on fuel screw
      I'm hoping to tap into the years of knowledge possessed by TT members to come up with a good recommendation to get this bike running correctly. It has always run OK but I know it has a lot more in it. Please help me get it right and get my 15 year old off my a**. 
      P.S.- If anyone knows any NEW ways for me to get my 02 XR250R started easier feel free to let me know. I've already tried all that I've read on TT and it's still a bitch to get running most of the time.