1999 YZ 125 restoration

Hey guys i posted this up in the Yamaha 2 stroke forum, but thought i would drop it in the pics and vids forum and show everyone the rebuild

well the story goes like this me and my brother bought this 1999 YZ 125 for 350 bucks, no cylinder, no pipe, no carb, and dirty black plastic with a headlight jerry-rigged into the number plate.

we tore it down to bare frame, painted it with Rustoluem Metallic Cobalt blue paint and several coats of clear. Not a factory matched paint, but a custom look to it and goes suprisingly well with the plastics

all the parts we have bought have been used and our budget hasnt exceed 1000 bucks! so here is the link to the pictures i tried just posting them but it didnt work

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2578793&l=82ee4&id=2361960

lemme know what you guys think!

looks good! looks like fun too

where's the rest of the rebuild!? i wanna see it finished! i was excited to see it, then i clicked next and it went back to the first picture.

haha im waiting on a cylinder head, i got a used one from austrailia, but shipping is taking for ever! it will be finished in the next week, everything else is done plastics are done just waitin on the cylinder head

well dont forget to post up the rest of the pictures!

got to love rebuilding a bike eh. Great job guys!

absolutely love rebuilding bikes, not my first one ive done, but i love doing this its so much fun! i will let you guys know when i get the rest of the parts in and its finished!

absolutely love rebuilding bikes, not my first one ive done, but i love doing this its so much fun! i will let you guys know when i get the rest of the parts in and its finished!

It is winter here now so mine is riped apart also and getting rebuilt over winter. I have a hard time spreading it out though. I want to do everything all at once. I got the boys bike to redo also this winter so I guess him and I are going to getting dirty all winter hehehe.

I am restoring an 04 I picked up (thought it was an 03 .. good surprise!). I have it totally stripped down to the frame and am waiting to have it blasted to remove the paint, and then I believe I am going to have it powder coated. Found a place near by that does powder for $125 for the frame.

Its all done guys! got the engine back together( for the second time!) today and ran it for about 30 mins runs like a champ and looks AWESOME! needs a new seat cover still but other than that i love it!

DSC00993.jpg

nice work, looks bad A

Bike looks great good job!

Its all done guys! got the engine back together( for the second time!) today and ran it for about 30 mins runs like a champ and looks AWESOME! needs a new seat cover still but other than that i love it!

DSC00993.jpg

Thats awesome!!! Nice rebuild!!!

so are you happy with my plastic, and pipe?

looks good on your bike

IMG_1347.jpg

Bike looks great, Good job!

yea man the plastic was awesome thanks again! looks great! love everything you sent me man!

The look of that rebuild makes me want to go...RIDE!