Special Construction Plates in california

Anyone had them yanked for any reason.

I am looking at an 05 KTM 525 that was plated via special const. I am a bit concerned about the transfer and the future. But it has 1200 miles on it and not even a boot scratch and saves me about 3500 to 4000 over buying an 09 450 or 530.

Does it have the original KTM VIN or a New one?

From what I can gather, it is no longer titled as a KTM bike.

I would think that would make it safe.

You should be good to go. Nothing is 100% for sure in this arena, but I'd give you a 99.5% chance of not having any issues. Insurance may be a more, but dual sports are cheap to insure anyhow.

Found out that the current owner of the bike in question is a CHP officer. Everything is legit and signed off by the appropriate agencies, looking like I am going to be thumping again as soon as the credit card company sends me my money. 05 525 with 1200 miles on the clock, no wear on the engine cases, all the protection and a 3.5 gallon tank, EE dual sport kit.

Vin on the pink matches the frame, even has heated grips. Man do I sound like an old man or what. Heated grips, what a sissy.

Found out that the current owner of the bike in question is a CHP officer. Everything is legit and signed off by the appropriate agencies, looking like I am going to be thumping again as soon as the credit card company sends me my money. 05 525 with 1200 miles on the clock, no wear on the engine cases, all the protection and a 3.5 gallon tank, EE dual sport kit.

Vin on the pink matches the frame, even has heated grips. Man do I sound like an old man or what. Heated grips, what a sissy.

Wow, must be nice, eh?

yeah, his buddy did the sign off.

sometimes it is best not to ask too many questions.

Nice find dude!:thumbsup:

Wow, must be nice, eh?

I found out where you got your White Gold idea. Nice.:thumbsup::moon: :moon:

Do tell...

So whats the deal are you keeping keeping the other two bikes? Selling one, both....?

You sure do! Should be at least 47 to want those! Can I have them? :thumbsup:

Anyone had them yanked for any reason.

I am looking at an 05 KTM 525 that was plated via special const. I am a bit concerned about the transfer and the future. But it has 1200 miles on it and not even a boot scratch and saves me about 3500 to 4000 over buying an 09 450 or 530.

I just went to the DMV with the bike and they gave me a plate without even asking for it. i have a 2005 525 mxc with NO lights or blinkers or anything. I know that they go off of VINS, but I think with all the new bikes out there "including KTM" that are now street legal that it makes it easier to get plates.:thumbsup:

I just went to the DMV with the bike and they gave me a plate without even asking for it. i have a 2005 525 mxc with NO lights or blinkers or anything. I know that they go off of VINS, but I think with all the new bikes out there "including KTM" that are now street legal that it makes it easier to get plates.:thumbsup:

Could be true.

If things work out perfectly I will get the 525 and sell both the plated XR 600 and my green sticker 300 exc. Anyone interested?

The xr top and bottom have been completely rebuilt by the honda shop. The PO put $1500 into the bike back in 03 and he used it as his buddy bike. I have put maybe 1500 miles on it in the last year. New mt 21 in the front and half of a 606 in the back. needs nothing.

I may keep it and put street tires on it.

The 300 will be sold complete after the the screw is replaced in the lower end. then I will part it out, if I part it out I will possibly keep the rims an put true dual sport tires on them so I can swap out tires quickly for different rides.

Don't get in any pissing matches with a ranger...I know they can pull that special const if they wanted to...They can call KTM and get the MSO info...It will show that exact vin was imported to the USA has a dirt bike...Stay away from the new breed of rangers that are showing up at GT...

Honestly, I don't think I will be riding where there are too many nazi rangers.

Honestly, I don't think I will be riding where there are too many nazi rangers.

I would buy the bike in a heart beat...You're right you won't run across any nazis in your neck of the woods...

Sell the XR and keep the 300! That 525 is going to feel like a TANK in the single track compared to the 300. I had a DS'd 525 which was fantastic for open road, fire roads and 2 track. But I sold it because it flat wore me out in tight stuff.

I ended up getting a green stickered 450 short stroke and even that is worlds easier to ride than my 525 was. That 300 is going to feel like riding a mountain bike compared to the 525.

Sell the XR and keep the 300! That 525 is going to feel like a TANK in the single track compared to the 300. I had a DS'd 525 which was fantastic for open road, fire roads and 2 track. But I sold it because it flat wore me out in tight stuff.

I ended up getting a green stickered 450 short stroke and even that is worlds easier to ride than my 525 was. That 300 is going to feel like riding a mountain bike compared to the 525.

Oh Jesus, suck it up sally!:thumbsup:

OK, my 525 starts to kick my ass after about 40 miles of the tight single, more can be done but I start to feel it. They do require some man handling, but I'll take that over the constant buzzing beneath me of a sceeter killer. Zeke on the other hand, I am quite confident will be whining about its weight after a few miles. Nancy, sally, suzy.......