Finally got back out there and played in the dirt again...

Hey all,

After years away from the sport dragging my knees on pavment, I finally got to play in the dirt today.

I went to El Mirage with some close friends that are very experienced street and dirt riders, and since they knew I'm shaking off the rust on a bike totally new to me, they took it easy on me.

Things went much better than expected. It was a perfect day. Low 70's, light breeze, abundant sunshine. My bike even started on the first kick, and even though I went looking for trouble a couple times, I managed to keep it up the whole time.

I'm definitely not as rusty as I thought I would be, but it's clear that I'm totally out of shape. I've recently lost a lot of weight, and I've got more to go, but even being really strong and 90lbs. lighter is no substitute for cardio-vascular fitness and endurance. Any good length of whoops or hills totally kicked my ass and had me sucking wind.

So, time to get on the mountain bike and get my heart rate going and build endurance. ?

Here are some pics and video clips from today...

DSC00259.jpg

DSC00263.jpg

Buddy of mine rippin' one...

DSC00275.jpg

Vids...

th_MOV00266.jpg

th_MOV00271.jpg

th_MOV00280.jpg

Anyways, thought I would share, enjoy!

Thank you. It really is a big motivator. When you get a taste of doing something right, and know it could be so much better if there was less of you doing it, it's easy to make that commitment.

Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels. Words to live by. ?

Man am I sore today. Not as bad as I thought I would be, but I'm feelin' the burn today. No pain no gain. Oooo-rah!

Great to see you back out there again, boy these pictures and videos make me so jealous - there is no free riding left in NJ anymore unless you want to possibly end up in jail.

Good luck and pick up the mountain bike for sure, they make awesome cross training tools and the workout is a bonus.

there is no free riding left in NJ anymore unless you want to possibly end up in jail.

Man that is such a shame. I could help but think how awesome it was just to bomb around wherever I wanted to, wheter it was ripping across the 7 miles of dry lakebed or hitting the various trails that are all around it.

To not have that privledge would suck. A lot of people were complaining that you now have to actually pay to get in and use the area. To me $15 per vehicle you come in is a small price to pay if it means I can keep going out there.

Looks like fun man glad to hear your back in the dirt. Can't wait to get another bike next spring being away from it this summer sucked. Nice pics!

Thanks man. ?

New bike in spring eh? Sounds tasty! Any idea what you're thinking of bringing home?

Thanks man. ?

New bike in spring eh? Sounds tasty! Any idea what you're thinking of bringing home?

I've been going back in forth between an 06 yz450f and an 03cr250r. Think I'm going to go with another smoker though, as I really enjoyed them more, even though I miss the thumpers alot. I loved my 03yz250f. But I think I'm gonna bring home a bone stock 03cr250 I've got some plans for it :moon: I'm diggin the bike in my gallery:ride:

Cool deal, I love smokers, not that I have anything against my YZF, but it was more like the bike (and importantly the deal) found me, not the other way around.

One of my buddies has an '01 CR250, and that thing flat rips. ?

ring-ding-ding-ding (smell of castor) ahhhhhh. :moon:

Thank you. It really is a big motivator. When you get a taste of doing something right, and know it could be so much better if there was less of you doing it, it's easy to make that commitment.

Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels. Words to live by. ?

Man am I sore today. Not as bad as I thought I would be, but I'm feelin' the burn today. No pain no gain. Oooo-rah!

Better than feeling the burn right after, then you're really in trouble.

glad to have more dirt riders:thumbsup: