What does your engine sound like???

I just started my mutant XL600 after piston, cam, exhaust etc....

How quiet are the valves supposed to be?

Can we post engine sounds here??

You should not be able to easily hear the valves over the rest of the engine.

Yes you can post sounds and video, but you have to use a hosting service like photobucket.com. (free)

Find a photo/video hosting site such as photobucket.

Lets hear that thing and we'll go from there.

Here is a thumper, not mine but a test Thumppppp..

I'm going to record mine tonite....

See if this works for you.

I signed up for a free account at box.net

Thump wave.....

http://www.box.net/shared/8ren3t4kjm

Works for me.

my thumper ounds like a Wolkswagen 1800. but not for long

Eww that sounds like crap.

I know your just testing. But it does sound like crap.

Super is a great and free Converter.. Its just a little tricky to download.. find and follow the Download links.. its like 4 of them.. lol

btw, sounds good!

OK, heres my bike.

But it is a quicktime file (.mov).

I'm trying to find an mov to avi converter. Or I will just record the sound into a wave on my other puter if people tell me this dont work....

It worked fine for me. I use Windows Media Player Classic for .mov files because I can't stand Apple's Quicktime player with the "would you like to upgrade" nag screen.

Anyway, I didn't hear much in the way of anything I could identify as valve noise. By comparison, the earlier test file you linked sounded awful.

I just started my mutant XL600 after piston, cam, exhaust etc....

How quiet are the valves supposed to be?

Can we post engine sounds here??

i have a xl 600 thats had some recent head work.the motor is rather quiet for an air cooler.although i was alarmed by a rough bearing type noise which i then worked out to be the cam chain rotating.i have a 1996 xr600 which i have not start

ed in nearly 3 mths and it sounds the same.as long as theres no tapping or knocking noises im happy.you also have to remember theres a hell of a lot goin on in there never mind how quick its happening.goodluck.t.

Sounds good,,Cars are so slow aren't they..

I love it.

I would like to keep this thread :thumbsup: going :ride: :ride: with sounds of wonderful BRP's...:moon: :moon:

Actualy I thought I posted this shorter one with engine sound:

http://borynack.com/XR650R/Video/Jayyuccavalley.wmv

It is the one with the BRP sound still in it. We were going slower so the wind niose wasn't as bad as the other video I posted. Once you get moving the wind noise is so bad that you have to add music to make it any good to watch.

Anyways Mr. Lewis hit a small whoop wrong and his tooth few out of his mouth......that is why he made the panic stop and I almost hit him. We actualy found the tooth in all that white and yellow gravel:thumbsup: He stuck it back in his head and we rode the rest of the day.

With the wide angle lense I am very close in both these video's. Much, much closer then it looks....

Actualy I thought I posted this shorter one with engine sound:

http://borynack.com/XR650R/Video/Jayyuccavalley.wmv

It is the one with the BRP sound still in it. We were going slower so the wind niose wasn't as bad as the other video I posted. Once you get moving the wind noise is so bad that you have to add music to make it any good to watch.

Anyways Mr. Lewis hit a small whoop wrong and his tooth few out of his mouth......that is why he made the panic stop and I almost hit him. We actualy found the tooth in all that white and yellow gravel:thumbsup: He stuck it back in his head and we rode the rest of the day.

With the wide angle lense I am very close in both these video's. Much, much closer then it looks....

:p:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ride: :ride: :thumbsup::moon: :moon: