cr125

I really want to sell my crf230 and get a cr125 but I've never had a two srtoke and I was wondering how often and how much mateinance is required for a 125. Any other info. on 125's would be great thanks.

they are great bikes. just got to learn how to stayin the powerband. it will make you a better rider. I you ride woods I would suggest a 9oz flywheel wieght. the maintenance isn't big, just change trans oil and run a good 2t oil. I run amsoil dominator 45to1. maybe a topend every other year dependy on how hard you ride and how much you ride. but you can get a kit at motosport.com for $129 and do it yourself:thumbsup:

a 125 engine wise would be easier to work on that your 230 because its a 2t and there is a lot less moving parts. only thing is that you need to replace a top end depending on how hard you ride, if you ride real soft you could probably get 50 hours out of your bike if yea ride hard do it at like 25-30

and obviously change the oil etc.... good luck!

thanks

what is the best year model for a cr125? 07 because its the newest or an early year?

230's are garbage. my uncle has two of them and i bottomed out the suspension on that thing off of a 5 jump.

i would get you a 98-01. when you get to 02 and up they kinda went backwards in the motorbuilding department and your not gonna get as strong of a motor as the older ones.

im definatly tired of mine. its been very reliable but after i had been ridin it for a few months I got bored of it. thanks for the help.

not to mention they are so damn slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can get an 01 125 cheap too!

what is the best year model for a cr125? 07 because its the newest or an early year?

The 05-07 are supposed to be the best 125's.

I ride an '04 and I love it.

i kinda want an 07 just because there the newest but all I really care about is reliability and that it wouldnt have over the top matanience. Plus I'm hoping that an 07 can stand a chance against my friends 03 yz250f

i kinda want an 07 just because there the newest but all I really care about is reliability and that it wouldnt have over the top matanience. Plus I'm hoping that an 07 can stand a chance against my friends 03 yz250f

An '07 itself won't beat your friend, remember that its more the rider, not just the bike.:thumbsup:

I agree.... if you dont stay within the powerband, you will stall the bike. It took me a couple rides to get used to the cr125....On my 125, there was no bottom end so you had to stay with in the R s.... on a 2 stroke, you have to maintain it a little more than a 4 stroke so just do a tune up every 2 rides and clean the airbox for maximum air-flow. For the pre-mix, i ran 40:1 and it ran cool all day. And you have to replace the top-end every 20-25 hrs.

thanks for your comments, I ride my freinds 06 rm85l sometimes(he got his brother yzf), ands I love it. Its way small but I rele like it, but your totaly right about the powerband. That thing can move for a little bike. I cant wait to ride a 125.

As far as reliability goes I don't think you'll have problems with any of the CR's as long as you maintain it properly and run a good oil mix. For my CR the most extensive work it has needed was a re-jetting and an oil change.

As far as keeping up with your friend's bike, a more fitting question is whether you can keep up with your friend on any bike. Rider skill will out-do a few more HP any day :thumbsup: