Headaches after riding

hello, I have been racing for 6 years now and lately i have been getting headaches after i ride. i drink water before, during and after i ride with electrolytes and make sure to eat before and after. I cannot figure out why i am getting headaches. I eat extremely healthy because i often get migraines. Any suggestions/help will be greatly appreciated. thanks!

I dunno I seem to get them alot also im guessing its either from an improper diet or just everything combined big bounces high level of concentration constant loud noise. Theres just alot goin on.

ye, my diets exrtremely good i eat everything organic etc, and i goto a chiropractor 2 times a week.

I got them a lot too, typically was a dehydration issue even though I drank tons. I had to drink the day before in huge volums and day of I usually go through a half gallon of water in the winter...gallon in the summer.

Sound is definately a problem...maybe try some ear plugs and see how that helps, if I watch a lot of races and am near the starting gate I get headaches from that too.

But lastly, my headaches stopped when I started riding more again....it seemed maybe my body needed to aclimate itself again to the speed processing, jolts and head bouncing that happens.

I found for me, 2-3 ibuprfin killed the headaches I got as soon as I started to get it.....nothign else really seemed to work.

I ride 4 times a week so taking ibuprofen everytime i ride isnt going to be very healthy. im gonna try ear plugs thanks!

Do you ride a two stroke...if so that might be it. Every time I ride with strokers I get headaches and have determined its the smell of the burnt oil. Good luck figuring it out.

i always take a motrin or advil befor i ride

I have battled this forever. I get them no matter what. I think it helps when I over hydrate I drink a gallon of water every day for 2 days before a race and drink tons of gatorade and water the day of a race. That seems to help a bit but even then I'm still worthless and have a headache after. I think there is alot going on and youre body just can't handle. I tried earplugs, tinted goggles, not riding behind people to not smell fumes, All of these helped but nothing gets rid of it. IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: oh yeah and cytomax

I have battled this forever. I get them no matter what. I think it helps when I over hydrate I drink a gallon of water every day for 2 days before a race and drink tons of gatorade and water the day of a race. That seems to help a bit but even then I'm still worthless and have a headache after. I think there is alot going on and youre body just can't handle. I tried earplugs, tinted goggles, not riding behind people to not smell fumes, All of these helped but nothing gets rid of it. IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: oh yeah and cytomax

+1 same here, even as a kid if I rode the bmx track all day, I was going to be down all evening with the headaches. I get one every time I practice mx or race. Catching it in time with advil seems to work. I think it may be a combination of dust, bright light, exertion, sinus irratation, etc. I just dont think there is any way around getting one. Id be first in line for a magic pill if they made one...

i used to get migraines , especially after riding. combination of intense concentration, dust, noise, so I take immitrex (migraine med.) before riding and this usually does the trick. immitrex is not a drug that messes with your mind ,it only constricts the bllod vessels in your brain. also try taking nasonex daily as this also helps with sinus problems. both of these are prescription drugs.

Could be something as simple as noise. If you ride a really loud bike, try wearing ear plugs, or getting a more quiet pipe.

A guy I know finally went to the doctor to see about the headaches he would get while riding. Turns out he had a protein deficiancy.

Cut back on sodium input.Over time your body will adjust so you won't get the extream highs and lows for body electrolites.

Iv'e had migrains all my life and have tried lots of things.

Midrin is what i take when i do get one.