Sign in to follow this  

Front Forks Help

got her recently, if you look close you can see the bar mounts are going one direction and the wheel is going a different direction. The triple clamps are more straight forward but not perfact. Nothing i tried worked please give me some ideas....:thumbsup:

24wuic6.jpg

2uz2g5s.jpg

Loosen off the axle nut and the triple clamp bolts. Remove and reinstall the bar mount. Then tighten the clamps on the fork legs. Then put the wheel on and lighty tighen the nut on the axle. Go on the bike and compress the forks a few times. Now torque the axle to spec. If that doesn't work your fork legs or trees are bent.

loosen front wheel pinch bolts and axle then align as u would when replacing a tire?

those handlebars bent?

i dont think so i think the bar clamps that make the X are bent

Also i dont have a Manuel i ordered one 2 days ago, how would i adjust my steering?? let me try that...

There should be two bolts which lead from the bar clamps to under the triple clamps loosen the bolts and straighten up the bar clamps, then tighten them back up. My 125 had the same problem and that worked.

If it were me I'd start at the top: check to see if the triple clamps are aligned. If necessary, remove everything and put it back together, starting with loosening the steering step nut and squaring the triple clamps.

I crashed my 06 really hard once and had the exact same looking offset as yours. I actually broke the top bar mount though, anyhow once I got the new top bar mount and put it back together it looked just like yours. My right bottom bar mount had shifted a little. I just loosened both of them up and tightened them both up at the same time making sure they were square and it was fine. They were still fine when I switched to the PC triple clamps and bar mount. Hope your fix is that simple.

If they are rubber mounted bar clamps, the bolts are bent. It happens all the time.

If they are rubber mounted bar clamps, the bolts are bent. It happens all the time.

im pretty sure there not, but im not positive...anybody else know

yeah take a look at them bar mounts they could be tweaked. your front axle is solid. so there for you forks are going to be straight with your axle (assuming its straight) from the pic your forks look good it looks like the top clamp could be tweaked and the mounts, looses the mounts and try repositioning...your slider tubes could be bent

check the rubber cones that are inserted onto the top triple clamp sometimes they become damaged and thats what you get. if you are a frequent crasher you could get some aluminium cones. they will make you feel more vibrations on the handlebar though.