Congradulatons to Husky

For having the most non existant dealer network of all time. No sale! what a shame...:thumbsup:

this seems like a productive topic?!?!?

I think you mean "Congratulations."

Remind me to never ask you for directions or how to use the web to search. It's easy to get a Husky...I did! Are you looking for something specific?

They are not going to ship it to your door, is that why you are mad?

Tasky's can ship 'em right to your door!

No, but a local dealer would be nice. Not really interested in buying out of state, with no local warranty / parts support. I wanted a 610 TE.

I got mine shipped right to my home address. No issues.

uh oh. kellys gonna have a field day with this one:smirk:

Didn't mean to step on any toes guy's. I'm just trying to shame Husky to try harder!

Didn't mean to step on any toes guy's. I'm just trying to shame Husky to try harder!

Fair enough but your tone did come across a little abrasive to the loyal Husky fans on this forum. Granted, there are far fewer Husky dealers around than the big 5 but that shouldn't turn you off of the brand entirely. A lot of people have had their bikes shipped to them due to the lack of a local dealer (myslef included) with no issues or concerns. I was concerned about the warranty issue too but the truth is, these bikes just don't break or have any significant problems so the warranty is for peace of mind more than anything.

Since Husky is a smaller company, they will never have as many dealerships as Honda or Yamaha just as there are fewer Porche dealerships than Ford shops.

Good luck with your bike shopping and on the plus side, if you never try the Husky, you'll never know what you missed out on so that Japanese bike you get from the local shop will seem just fine.

I think he has a valid point. I would buy a Husky 2t in a state that does not have a dealer but probably not a 4t, especially if I was not sure I could do any of the work on it myself. One bad thing about Husky going to fuel injection is that it makes having a dealer more important as most guys don't have the equipment to work on it in their garage.

Check out http://cafehusky.com/

You might be surprised how many of your locals are Husky owners.

Have a talk with them before you give up on owning a Husky.

most guys don't have the equipment to work on it in their garage.
FI is really a set it and forget it gig. Once you have your FB1 setting figured out, the rest is basic bike maintenance. I bought my 08 TE510 in June and have not needed to go back to the dealer since. Rented the Ibeat software for month off another TT'er, used my home Laptop and were golden. if you owned a 4t previous to the TE you have the tools needed.

My 2 cent.

Thanks guy's. The 610TE really seems to be the best choice, but i'm pretty sure i'll have to go another direction (DRZ400 + Mods). Way to much money to take that risk. I've already been burned on some big dollar toys recently. That husky sure is pretty tho......

You think Husky is bad?!?!?!

Try getting parts for an Aprilia... :thumbsup:

I fretted for a couple of years about this...until I realized I bought all my parts online and the warranty was only 6 months. I hated my previous Jap dealer and wouldn't go back there anyway - parts and accessories for my Yamaha were 2x to 3x the price of online competitors. And neither Honda nor Yamaha has any warranty to speak of, so why is there a dealer advantage to buying one of those? And I'm sick of seeing orange. :thumbsup:

So I took my chances and haven't looked back. I've bought from Uptite, Taskys and Halls. No need for the dealer yet and my warranty has expired anyway. Husky is a superior bike with or without a local dealer.

Thanks guy's. The 610TE really seems to be the best choice, but i'm pretty sure i'll have to go another direction (DRZ400 + Mods). Way to much money to take that risk. I've already been burned on some big dollar toys recently. That husky sure is pretty tho......

Where are you located? House of Power in Palm Bay/Melbourne is a dealer and I'm fairly sure they have a 610 right now. They may not compare to a Mom and Pop type, but I really don't have the first hand experience with them.

I didn't hesitate to buy my bike from out of state, and I certainly wouldn't hesitate to buy from the lone dealer in Florida if I was concerned with warranty issues, I also wouldn't be concerned with being located 5hrs+ from the dealer. The 610 is a solid bike and the engine's roots reach back damn near 20 yrs.

WMacky what part of FL are you in?

Within the next few months I am sure you will see at least 1-2 new HSQ dealers FL. I know of a few who are campaigning pretty hard to get on board due to lack of presence there.

I use to be a Zuk fan, but worked overseas where they have excellent distributor and dealer support. Over here they have a rediculous amount of dealers, with sales representatives who do not understand the product they are selling and a distributor who does not honor warrantee claims. It is impossible to contact the distributor. So, I have said goodbye to Zuk in the USA.

I enjoy the TE610ie, the DRZ is a bit outdated unfortunately, it is way overdue for an upgrade. I also have no Husky dealer in my state, but find that the support from other dealers are available from people who are passionate about the product, over the phone. The distributor answered some of my questions and helped with advice, before I purchased the bike, something I will never get from Zuk.

The only risk you have is perhaps an out of state trip, in the unlikely event of having big problems.

If I only had Jap as choice, it would be something like a RMZ 450, with a street legal kit.

If you get a DRZ, I'll see ya in my mirrors, before you become a little spec.

Who is going to mod your DRZ, the dealer?:thumbsup:

I got mine shipped right to my home address. No issues.

I like that...:thumbsup: Think they'd mind taking it to my riding destination so I don't have to take the guzzler?