Im thinking of getting a 93 YZ250

Is 93 a bad year for the yz250? I coulnt find the forum for the bike, i wanted to see the spects also... does anyone know a site where i can see the spects and a brand new pic? Thanks

I rode a 93. That bike had a very quick hitting motor. I think the word "switch" describes it best. I rode it in mx and off-road without a flywheel; it's really not that bad. Suspension is typical mx harsh on the small stuff.

I was unable to find a site/forum, sorry.

2007%255C08%255C28%255Cbikepics-1006482-200.jpg

'93

IDK if there was such a thing as a bad year of the yz :thumbsup:

They all sound pretty good from what I've heard. How much money is the person asking? I hope you get a good deal if you decide to go ahead and snag

it

'93

2007%5C08%5C13%5Cbikepics-992647-800.jpg

I think $1000, im gona go look at the bike sunday, if i get the bike, ill post some photos:thumbsup:

Why would you pay 1000 for a 15 year old bike? Put another few hundred with it and get something 10 years newer. It is a buyers market shop around. I see tons of 4 or 5 year old 250's all going for less than 2k.

I just bought a 96 yz 250 for $500 that all I had to do was replace brakes and fork seals, and now she runs like a raped ape:ride:

I just got a 97 250 about 4 months ago for 800 and all I needed to do was clean the carb.

yeah- for 1k you can get a newer bike that's in good shape.

My '88 was whipped but I only paid $200 which is quite a bit for something that old imo. there are times I wish I just bought something from '01 or newer. It's a fun project though.

The bike has been sitting for ten years and has a new top end, that has never been broken in.....The bike only has 30 hrs since 93.....crazy.... ill show u guys the pics... Its a great bike

sounds nice. Don't pay 1k though. For the same $ you can get something with the same size motor but much newer/more trick.

How much do you think the bike is worth by the sounds of it????

Thats such a tough question..the price issue. I know many who have bought 93 era bikes for 500.00 when they needed way over 500. in extra work.

My first thought was 700-800. So great, you saved 200.00 by doing it my way.

You could blue book it and knock some $ off that. kbb.com can give a rough idea of what it's "worth"

It's only a tiny bit more $ for something much newer though :thumbsup:

The bike has been sitting for ten years and has a new top end, that has never been broken in.....The bike only has 30 hrs since 93.....crazy.... ill show u guys the pics... Its a great bike

A bike sitting unused for ten years is risky. The bike ridden a couple times a month but well maintained is better because you will know exactly how it will run.

After 10 years, you need new tires, new wheel bearings and swing arm bearings. I would also put new seals in the forks.

I paid 1200 for a 2001 yz250 It may be a good bike, but if you look around, you will see that there are better deals.

what's the rush?

i could get it for 800.....

Got it running yesterday.... starts first kick now. I just have to change the seat cover and take the stickers off and paint it....

yz250001.jpg

yz250007.jpg

wow that thing looks to be in excellent condition! what did you end up getting it for?

Thanks.... $700.

Nice find for the year. The mid 90's CR250s are hot commodities too. I'll still never understand why the current YZs don't have the nice hand hold indentation on the side plates. I'd love to have that "modern" feature on my modern machine.:bonk:

sounds good.....