Toy Haulers / Your opinions needed?

My buddy and I bought Dunes in November of 1995. We still have them and they have been through a lot. They manufacture them in Ontario. I recently had the axles flipped at a local weld shop and one of my windows got broken at the trailer yard. So I needed a new window and a double entry step. I went back to Dunes and they installed a brand new window and double step for $200. We have been back for nitpicky stuff and they have great customer support. I do like the Weekend Warriors, expensive, and the Tahoe. The Tahoes are built on a Zieman frame. I would buy a Dunes again for their customer support and it's not that far since you're in San Diego.

This is only a personal opinion, but I like the ones with the seperate "Toy Room". Some have the kitchen in the back, and you put all your goodies in there. I have two friends with this kind, and everything has scratches and smells like fuel. The other kind with the back seperated are much nicer in the fact that you have your toys seperate from your living space, but yo have less living space.

I have had a 1999 Weekend Warrior and a 2001 Dunes. I think the quality were the same in both and the Dunes was 1/2 the price. The only things I put in that did not come with it was the TV, CD changer/speaker, microwave, mirror tint and rollout carpet.

Santek is the best. It isn't made of plywood and 2' x 4' studs like the rest of them. It is made of tubular steel and aluminum panels. They are expensive, but if your going to keep this for a long time, it will pay off.

Rage'n Toyhaulers are top quality. I have a 2003 27T. Fully loaded with Onan generator, pump station etc. it was $24,000. The tires and axles are heavy duty. You pay for what you get. My friend has a Dunes. The quality is not even close to the Rage'n. The pump station is awesome. I have seen Tahoe, they are good also. Got mine at Simi Valley RV.

IF YOUR GONNA SPEND OVER 20 GRAND DO LIKE I DID.I HAVE A 7X14 ENCLOSED 3500 AND BOUGHT A 27 FT MOTOR HOME OFF EBAY FOR 8000. MINT SHAPE ONLY 58000 MI.GREAT SETUP EVERYTHING YOU NEED.YOU HAVE TO DECIDE WHAT YOUR NEEDS ARE.GOOD LUCK.

Thor Tahoe 28' or 21.' You can check out there website at www.thorca.com Marjon RV out in the 909 always has killer deals on new units. I think you can still get the 28 for around 18-21k and the 21' for around 13k. The 28TBTT is a bit heavy, 6200lbs empty, but has everything. The 21' weighs around 4,000lbs empty and is almost identical to the 28', but doesn't have the forward bedroom.

Joe

I have a '01 Ragen. Can't say enough about the quality. And the company stands behind the product as well. Deffinatly put the pumping station on it though. Even if you don't use it, you get twice the fuel capacity with the pumping station, so the generator can run 4 days straight without a problem, even in 110 degrees with the air on the whole time.