race tech gold valves.....

i have a 2003 crf 450 and need to sweeten the forks up a bit. i am maxed out on compression , and they still are not stiff enough for big hits and flat landings. plus they are harsh on the little choppy stuff. i was thinking of going with the gold valves, instead of waiting a month to get them back from factory connection. does any one have any positive or negative feed back about the gold valves?? the shock is absolutley perfect. thanks! mark

I've got Race Tech springs & Gold Valves and think it's be the best mod I've done so far.....huge difference, it's like a completely different bike. I had the same bottoming symptoms as you, couldn't solve the problem with fork oil or clickers. Bought the springs and valves, rode the bike and wondered how I did without them. HUGE difference, gave me a lot more confidence.

h2ojunkie - "I've used no action...ooops, i mean pro action and..."

<font color="brown"> Holy Sh*t!!! I'm dropping my bike off at Pro Action this saturday! Do you know something I don't? I'm new to this motocross stuff so please help!!! I though Pro Action was a reputable suspension Co.

I like my race tech suspension, I had it shimmed for A level woods and I can still ride the MX tracks and enjoy it without to much buttoming. The first time I got it back wasn't really happy with the stiffness and they reshimmed it to my liking with no added cost.

RT valving is good...but dont follow there spring guideline. They are TOO soft for most MX tracks....

EX: 165-170lbs MX rider semi serious, there said .46 ft and 5.2 rr....

I wondered why I was getting so tired ... I was fighting with the bike, and bottoming etc.....

Finally, when I heard that the 2003 had a 5.6 rr spring. I went harder on both ends.... much better!!! Lap times and more control etc. Life was good again....

my 2cents worth...........ciao