DRZ400SM First Ride...........

Hello Stefan, I'm a new convert too, a mate at work with an S ranted on about his bike to me so I thought I'd test an SM and I have not looked back. Well not entirely true as some limp dick in a transit backed over it when it was only about 300mls old; to cut it short a new frame was needed, all now fixed and bike is better than new and I'm quids in thanks to good insurance and protected no claims. I love this bike, bought it as a puddle jumper for winter and the commute, with the deal Suzuki were doing and a 1K off the list price it was a no brainer as far as I was concerned well happy. But it's a hoot to ride, love it. Might go to Crail next year, know the area well infact been to a few bike bashes over there. Nice bike Akis, what tyres are you running on it?.

T....when it gets really cold, sometimes it clicks and makes me fall over! :moon:

Jeezo... I'm not that bad (yet) !

The worst shoulder just gives pain when it plays up that covers from my neck part down my arm and can mean sleepness nights.... hay-ho... that's the cost of multiple MX and mountainbike crashes over the years - but they were GREAT years of riding so can't complain.... and now I've "retired" into the much easier and safer sport of SM racing ? (SM safe? 6 broken ribs disagreed this year, hmmmm)

Might go to Crail next year, know the area well infact been to a few bike bashes over there.

Cool, the more the merrier, so get yourself over to www.scottishsupermoto.com ?

Nice bike Akis, what tyres are you running on it?.

In the photos in this thread one photo was with race wets - Maxxis Goldspeed wet front (red super soft) and an Avon ProXteme race wet rear. On eone of the photos I'm running a Maxxis Goldspeed cut slick. I run quite a mix of tyres of different type depending on time of year and road/track conditions. Mainly some type of Maxxis Goldspeeds though.