ktm 125sx anybody ride these & howdoyalike it?

Hi,

Just wondering what people feel about the 125sx, whether you like them, what kind of riding do ya do with it, any important upgrades, tips whatever??

I purchased an '06 125sx and like it, obviously its geared more for tracks, the woods/rocks were interesting with it:thinking:

However, it handles real good and is pretty predictable over rocks or with jumps so far...

...just wondering any feedback

thanks

ace57

Nice Buy. I got a 06 125Sx about a month ago. Mine was already modded out but I did some other stuff to it. I really like the bike and find that for my weight it goes fast. Sounds nice too. I have raced it on a 22 mile GP track which it handled well on and have taken it on single track and I find it to be very responsive which helps in my case. Make sure to warm it up alot before you ride it because it does not like to be ridden cold... All in all I love the bike and hope you enjoy it.

thanks for the response. guess there aren't many of us out there, or no one wanted to reply to this thread lol.

you are right! about riding the bike cold, she definately doesn't like that. And my 125 is a leetle bit touchy about starting, gotta kick it just right.

you are lucky to have some space to wind your 125 out, i dont' think i've ever even hit sixth gear!

have fun with your ride, all i've done "extra" is an fmf Q pipe, and a skid plate.

cya

ace57

I ride both track and trail, but the tracks are "secret" ones in the woods, not official like.

:bonk:

I'm just getting back into dirtbike riding after 4 years on harleys...........prefer the dirt now.............can't jump an HD!

I almost bought a 144, but the dealer wanted tooo much for it (4200 used)

plus i was a little scared off by the occasional horror story about the engines tanking.....but i think everything was straightened up with that?

They are calling the 144 a 150 now i think?

I'm sure you love the bike, it sounds real torquey, have fun with it:smirk:

ace57

well, i wasn't clear, it was a used 144, not new, i dk what year.

it was from a dealer up here in MA...

I assume your price was for a new one.

I bought my 125sx from cliffs cycles in norfolk MA, a good dealer, IMO, i paid 3250 for my '06. That might have been a little high, but the one of the owner's sons owned it and was dealer maintained, and in real nice shape.

whatever its only money:rolleyes:

i love to see women riders, you go girl! (i don't mean that disrespectfully)

ace57

I had a 125SX. It was the fastest 125 Iv'e owned! Oddly enough, my 250SX was the fastes 250 I ever owned too! Imagine that... It was fun passing 450s on it in the tight sections on the 125. lol. If you love your 2 strokes, PLEASE go to racerxonline.com and vote for two strokes. It's not a 2 vs 4 survey. 4T is not even one of the choices for that matter. We are just voting for 2T so we can retain the choice to have the option in the future. Go toracerxonline.com and click two stroke in the middle left of the page and click vote now and thats all! Thanks and pass this on to everyone in your address book and throw it on other forums of you would.

Later!

I've been looking for a used two-stroke for tight trail riding.

I was looking for a 250 but the 125s are cheaper. I'm not a power junkie I just want a good lightweight bike. But I'm 200lbs or bit over w/ my gear on. Obviously I would need the suspension set up for my weight, but do I weigh too much for the 125, should I hold out for a 200 or 250cc?

all i can say, and i ain't no expert, that i weigh 175 or so and my 125sx hauls ass......and it hauls my ass too.:bonk:

My main problem is that its a tall bike, even tho i bought a low seat, with my 28-29 inseam its kind of a tippy-toe thing, much different than my modded klx 110 !

ace57

I ride both track and trail, but the tracks are "secret" ones in the woods, not official like.

:bonk:

I'm just getting back into dirtbike riding after 4 years on harleys...........prefer the dirt now.............can't jump an HD!

I almost bought a 144, but the dealer wanted tooo much for it (4200 used)

plus i was a little scared off by the occasional horror story about the engines tanking.....but i think everything was straightened up with that?

They are calling the 144 a 150 now i think?

I'm sure you love the bike, it sounds real torquey, have fun with it:smirk:

ace57

Yes, you can jump a Harley! I did it once (and only once) when I had my Sportster.:bonk: It was about the scariest and dumbest thing I've done. Didn't crash though.

u so krazy kain!

I had a sporty but never jumped it.

...did try to get my road king to lift up the front wheel, sorta could do that if i reeely goosed the clutch:lol:

i dk i got sick of the hardely "scene" seemed there were so many posers and billybadasses out there...stupid to me

ace57

Yeah, one of the reasons I quit working at a H-D shop was because of all the weekend warrior "bad asses" that were taking over. I never stopped riding H-D myself, though. You have to remember ace, street or dirt we ride for us. Not for the image. Anyway, to get back to the thread, I've never owned a 125, but I have ridden them. I thought the SX125 was a fun bike, and it did a great job of hauling my 230lbs around. It would be fun to own one for playing around.

i have a 06 125sx..great bike..love it on the track..no 450 or 250 4st have ever out gunned me in a short straight away..my bike is a rocket..had the suspension done for dez..but it works like a charm on the track..InfinityMachine and Design here in Salt Lake did it for me..man man it works. did my first big jump yesterday at Jordan River...big double..sailed right over it!!! it's a screamer. i think i could start it with my pinky!!!

i have an 04 125sx. I love it. Im only 150 pounds with gear so this thing pulls the front wheel up in every gear for me. Plenty of power, light, good handling. I ride a lot of tight single track, open fields, and jumps if i can find anything good. Suspension is great. I was wondering, what would be a good silencer for it? I want to feel a difference in power and hear a difference in sound. Any suggestions?

i got an fmf Q that seemed to mellow it a little, also with a spark arrestor.

Just in case the enviro gendarmes decide to check me out.:bonk:

got to offroad plate it in liberal-way-left-of-center Massachusetts to be politically correct....rant over.:bonk:

ace57