chain and sprockets

Use a good quality O-ring chain such as D.I.D.,RK or Tsubaki. If the stock sprockets are good you can use the o-ring chain and get good life out of them. I have this combo and have 8 months on the bike with two chain adjustments. If your sprockets are worn use Renthal,Titax or Ironman. After washing your bike spray WD-40 on the chain to displace the water. ?

Just put did x-ring and ironman sprockets. So far I haven't even had to adjust the chain yet (2 mx races so far-2 classes-open int. and 250 open)

1 year warranty on sprockets, I figured you can't go wrong with that if you are on a college student/part-time-worker-for-a-small-wage budget.

throw that stock chain away before it wrecks your sprokets. run a oring and lube and clean with WD40. Works for me. P.S. be sure to flip your counter sprocket over to alow for clearance between chain and your case. A shim will work too. but this worked for me. Good Luck.

I use a stealth 51 tooth rear, whilst it is good quality and i love it it, it does have a draw back and that is that the rivets hit the rubber in the chain guide. I had to cut holes in the rubber because it annoyed the hell out of me.

• 2 weeks later...

You can get an .015 an .030 and an .045 for about a quarter. I think I used the .030 but just measure the old chain with the shim that gets you = with the thickness of the new chain and you should be good to go! You can lay your old and new chain down side by side on their side, place a shim under the old chain and see if it is the same heighth as the new chain.

Randy