My 03 Wr450 dirt to street project

crazyz250 your doing some great work here man.this october i got a mighty hefty check coming in and am going to pik one of these bad boys up and build it like you are over the next winter into a street legal supermoto.altogether how much is it for rims/rotors/brake relocation

crazyz250 your doing some great work here man.this october i got a mighty hefty check coming in and am going to pik one of these bad boys up and build it like you are over the next winter into a street legal supermoto.altogether how much is it for rims/rotors/brake relocation

I will have about $6000 into this bike when its all said and done. a bit more then i planned on spending. Doing all the work myself and finding the parts here and there to me is what makes it fun and worth it - knowing i built it myself. I got lucky and got the rims/tires for $1000 shipped. Front rotor was $120 and i have yett to find a bracket ~ $40. go to baja designs for a street legal kit ~ $500 Id say $2000 would cover a basic supermoto setup. Withen two weeks the bike will be nearly finished. all i need now is a tank, seat cover, rear rotor and paint the headlight housing black. cant wait!!!!!!!

except we are getting 10-14 inches of snow tonight into tomorrow :banana: Which means it all needs to melt before i can ride ahhhh

I was thinking of doing that, where did you put the batt? i was going to cut a big hole in both sides of the airbox for more airflow, but id rather not. If i have to trim the seat thats no big deal im going to get a black seat cover anyway

I removed completely the battery!

ya i figured it would be right around 2k maybe a little over.what did you do to the motor when you had it tore down.i know for my raptor 700 a 11:1 piston and cam was the best reliable bang for the buck but not sure on these which is what i will want for the WR

i cleaned everything up but just left it alone. it ran great so there wasnt a point to rebuild it. i am going to do the valves before i put the tank on. the motor is enough enough to pull if i ever needed to do work on it

I removed completely the battery!

hmmmm i like my electric start haha. i am going to fab something up for an intake, not sure what tho....

IMG_2351.jpg

For now i am sticking with a KnN instead of making my own airbox, i can always do that later.

IMG_2352.jpg

Braking 320mm front rotor, still looking for a relocation bracket is anyone has one that would be awesomeee

IMG_2355.jpg

bet you cant wait to see what this is going to turn into ?

To make 03 YZF plastics fit on 03 WR heres the list of shit to do

Cut left hand side of rear fender like so

IMG_2356.jpg

After that it bolts rite up with room for your over flow tank

Next cut the left hand side airbox cover like so

Before

IMG_2357.jpg

After

IMG_2359.jpg

IMG_2360.jpg

Except you now need to find a place to bolt the bottom of the side pannel to because it will stick out if you dont...im still working on that

IMG_2362.jpg

Back end is on

IMG_2364.jpg

used to look like this pile

IMG_2096.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

i am a tad bit stupmed (if you cant tell haha) on how to mount this taillight. once the seat is on i only have a 1/2 inch of room to have a mount on the back of the fender, the mounts on the taillight seem to be in the worst possible spots. this calls for some more beer then ideas might start flowing

IMG_2372.jpg

some more shit i got in the mail woohoo!

IMG_2371.jpg

As she sits until Friday when i have a full day to fab up some stuff. Hopefully i will have my order from motostrano in. I ordered 5 items from them on Jan 17th and STILL have yett to see them. they said they had one item on backorder and it would ship in 2-3 days that was the beg of last week. BS if you ask me. id have this whole bike done in a weekend if i had all of my parts. Friday should be another update if i get my parts...

still need to buy

Rear brake rotor - anyone have one??

clarke gas tank, black - What size is an oem yzf tank?

full exhaust

Very nice! It looks great already!

The YZF tank has 7lt capacity.

If you can buy UFO black rear panels you will find the solution for your problem with the airbox. As you can see from my bike the left panel divides to two pieces. The small one bolts right on the airbox just like the stock and the the big panel fits great!

pa130165dk2.jpg

hmmm i ordered acerbis ones for a yzf i dont think they had UFO ones or maybe they did im not sure. so the UFO ones can fit either a yzf of wr with the cut out like that? i will make mine work but if i had known it would have been easier i would have bought UFO ones!!

hmmm i ordered acerbis ones for a yzf i dont think they had UFO ones or maybe they did im not sure. so the UFO ones can fit either a yzf of wr with the cut out like that? i will make mine work but if i had known it would have been easier i would have bought UFO ones!!

Ah ,bad luck. It would save you from all this trouble. Still if you are not happy with the result you will have with the cut acerbis panels, the UFO ones will do the job!

IMG_2377.jpg

and i thought mounting the light was going to be a problem. I had to soder in a ground for each turn signal for it to work correct, and switch around some wires for the brake light. i WILL make it work

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

Cleaned up the wires a bit

IMG_2384.jpg

beastttt

IMG_2378.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

Thats just the beginning of my sick nasty custom fabrication haha. more to come later this week

told you guys i wouldn't give up on the taillight!!!!

IMG_2404.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

finally got it wired up blinkers/running lights/brake lights work perfect! to mount it i just cut off a few of the OEM mounts and did some cutting and just bolted it to the rear fender. worked out really good i was surprised myself.

IMG_2410.jpg

yeaaaaa

IMG_2412.jpg

custom mounting bracket for the speed sensor of the vapor system

IMG_2413.jpg

holy brakes batman!

IMG_2419.jpg

pure sex

Black clark gas tank 2.9gal will be here next week!