Sign in to follow this  

My 03 Wr450 dirt to street project

FYI for painting plastic. I had a race bike that came unpainted with white bodywork, but I wanted black. I used Krylon Fusion to paint it. It's just a spray can but it came out really good. I used to get complements on it all the time. Everyone wanted to know who painted it. I told them it was a rattle can job and they were always surprised. It never bubbled or chipped off. It even held up well under crashes. :-)

Here is the best pictures I could find to show the paint job.

021107_CMRRA_R01_Picture16.jpg

thank you... i thought people forgot about me :lol:

i am happy with how it's looking so far, some more custom mounts to come this weekend

still following along, just haven't had anything to add.

looking good!

what kind of paint did you use on your headlight? im going to paint it today or tomorrow i have some reg semi gloss dont feel like spending like $9 on some plastic paint that prob wont make a difference.

I took it to a paint shop and did excellent work with it! It cost me something more but the result is awesome.

The flat black looks really nice! It would look cool with the engine powder coated black. I don't think the VTEC valve cover is going to fit though!

thank you... i thought people forgot about me :worthy:

i am happy with how it's looking so far, some more custom mounts to come this weekend

Forgot about you?

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO QUIT YOU!!!

Yes, I'm comfortable enough in my manhood to be able to say that. :lol:

Keep the pics coming.

picture day.... I'v always wanted to put my bike in my bedroom :worthy:

IMG_2431.jpg

IMG_2432.jpg

IMG_2439.jpg

why buy a $70 skid plate just make one :lol:

IMG_2446.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2459.jpg

so i got two options....

IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2456.jpg

IMG_2463.jpg

i'm broke so im using my stock header, any ideas how to get the dents out?

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2440.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

i'm broke so im using my stock header, any ideas how to get the dents out?

]

fill it with water & then freeze it. you may have to do it several times.

never tried it myself (never needed to) but I've heard from several people that it works.

you can get plugs at an auto parts store, tie a compressor fitting into one and then use them to pressurize the pipe, slowly at first with the compressor then start heating the spot with a torch, increase the pressure and the dents come out.

I've done this with my two stroke pipe on my 250; and I would imagine it should work on the more rigid 4 stroke pipes, but it might take a little more heat and or pressure.

wow, really cool. how did you get a dirt bike plated in new york? i'd heard that was near impossible.

wow, really cool. how did you get a dirt bike plated in new york? i'd heard that was near impossible.

I had a Penn. title that didnt say "for off road use only" on it. with that i just registered it like any other streetbike no one there knew the difference hehe

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg

still a bit close....

IMG_2483.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

IMG_2485.jpg

IMG_2486.jpg

i forgot who asked for them, but heres more pics of the mount stuff

IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2482.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2490.jpg

The seat doesn't sit on there rite like someone said before - well you were rite haha. I am going to make some sort of bracket so it is held down tight. sitting on it its fine but just looks dumb otherwise.

just need exhaust and rear brake rotor and shes good to go!

i will be painting the front headlight shroud this week, along with all the custom mounts i made so alot more will be black.

what do ya think... pantie dropper or what!

what do ya think... pantie dropper or what!

:p here's mine!

looking good!

nice chain block i got mine installed also. i changed mine up a bit to fit better and to work better for sumo.

DSC_0227.jpg

yea i was thinking the same thing the other day i like how they stick out. they were in good shape to begin with too