Pro Action Suspension?

<font color="brown"> I'm bringing my bike there this saturday and getting the works. A post on another thread has me second guessing my choice. I'm extremely new to this motocross stuff (just crossed overfrom road racing) so I do really know who's who in this sport. Is Pro Action a reputable suspension company or an I about to waste ALOT of money?

Thanks,

GStar

The Pro-Action Franchises are individually owned and operated so i suppose it could depend upon your guy. However, in florida the rep is top notch. they know all the setups for the local tracks and riding conditions. You show them your ability and style and weight and they take it from there. The thing i like most is that they are local. If their settings dont fit you just the way you like they will be at the track and make adjustments without you having to tear your bike apart and sent your stuff cross country. i am a C rider and have never been able to dial in my own suspension. When I first had my CR 250 done it was like night and day. It felt awesome. I am now having my CRF450 done. If you get "the works" down here Ron will do the removal and re-install and set the sag for you. well worth the money.

Thanks Wayne, I feel much better now. The guy I talked to (in Michigan) seemed pretty knowledgable, and he is at all the tracks, so track side support will be there. In fact I'm meeting him at a Arenacross track to drop off my bike (although he may get it a little dirty cause I think I'm gonna ride first :))

What is the WORKS?

And how much does it cost?

LowCo- "What is the WORKS?

And how much does it cost? "

<font color="brown">New springs all around, new valves in the forks and new piston in the shock (set up for me of course). $407

Wayne - "http://www.pro-action.com "

<font color="brown"> Going off their pricing list on the web site I'm getting a shock rebuilt w/piston for $240 plus I need a new spring for $100. Up front I'm getting a re-valve for $200 and new springs (.46's) for $90. Grand total shoud be $630, however, he's gonna give me a straight swap out for the shock srings (he has tons of .54's, which I need and he sells tons of .56 which I have stock and don't need) so less $100. That drops Grand total to $530. I managed to score a %20 dicount so that drop the Gran total down to $424. Sound alright to you or am I being had?

that is not bad for that but if you can not drop it off to them don,t forget shipping it both ways

I think $530 is what I was Quoted for the 450. well worth it.

I am going to see about that 20% discount.

Pro-Action of Minnesota did my '02 and they will definately be doing my '03. I was very happy with their work. The prices are competitive, the work is excellent, and the trackside support is excellent. It is money well spent in my opinion.

ggdmelec-"Pro-Action of Minnesota did my '02 and they will definately be doing my '03. I was very happy with their work. The prices are competitive, the work is excellent, and the trackside support is excellent. It is money well spent in my opinion. "

<font color="brown"> Good to know! Thanks.

As soon as I can talk the wife into it, I'm getting mine done too. I was quoted $380 for new springs all the way around, rebuilt/revalve forks, then adjusted to my riding style/ability. I'm not having anything done to the rear (besides the spring), since he said he should be able to dial it in well enough without a revalve.

Seems good to me.