50 pipes

I read the reviews on 50ccracing.com and they did a good job. My question is, why is the FMF pipe so much cheaper than the others? Do you get what you pay for? Is it worth spending $230 on a pipe when I can get the FMF from a local dealer for $110? Does the FMF not perform as well as the others? Or is it just a really good deal? Help me out guys. From what I've seen on this message board, you guys deffinately know your stuff. I want to get a pipe for my 50 and I would like to save a few dollars, but if it's worth it to spend the extra money I'll do it.

Thanks

From what I have seen out on the track the pipes are all about the same, off course there are better ones available then others and the dyno is truly the place to see that, dyno testing all the pipe in equal conditions would be the way to tell, the problem with this is that sometimes the results are distorted a little by horsepower being the key number being judged RPM is rarely taken into account, torque and horsepower need to be related to on track performance this is tuff for most marketing guys to handle and that is how things get clouded a little. hope this helps, I have a PC and find that it works really well and fits really good, sounds sweet too, don't get to excited about pipes because the intake is really the most restrictive part on the XR50, California emissions demand it even on the 50, the 50cc eliminator kit from fast 50s addresses all the restrictions in the system, I haven't tried that but it should be good

I did the write up on 50ccracing.com. If you need a spark arrester in your area you will have to go for the more expensive exhuast. If it is not a issue and you are just doing a mellow 50cc racer the FMF is a great inexpensive way to go. Others are better but not as inexpensive. If you want to do a 88cc motor go with at least the Big Gun if you need a Spark Arrester. It is removable so you get 2 options. Any performance exhuast you go with is going to make a diffrence. The header leaving your barrel on the stock unit is so small it chokes the bike off. All the aftermarkets have a bigger opening allowing it to flow better.

Later Atom RoTTeN

The graphics are one off custom that we did for our advertising. We graphically enhanced the area where the 'S' normally is and replaced it with our 'PR' (Pro-Tec Racing) logo. We just put two more images on our web site so you can see it with plastic and without.

Pro-Tec

(909)698-8988

You might want to take a look at the Classic Honda USA’s ULTIMA pipe, for your bored motors. It was designed for the 88cc bore kits and really comes to life on the ported or complete bore kit set ups. Complete bore kits, meaning the kits that come with a head and matched piston, like the KITACO’s STD or ULTRA or TAKEGAWA’s R-stage or Superhead kits. The pipe is not cheap but worth every penny that you pay for it.

Take care,

Lyle

Classic Honda USA

Lyle, I have a White Bros. R4 on my bike with a Taka 88 combo kit. I have rode a bike with my same motor and your pipe! It sounds and runs way better then mine. I know the price is worth it but you don't to want to sell me one. I e-mailed you about the carbon fiber pipe you have on your 100mph xr 50 but you wont respond.