Q4 on 07 yz450

Hey everyone I'm a long time rider, but new to TT - incredible site. Does anyone have experience with the FMF Q4 on an 07 yz450. Is it quieter than stock and what does it do to the power? Trying to do my part in keeping the sound level down and keep our local track open. Any other slip on mufflers that are quiet and good performers?

I've been around enough Q4's to find out that they are not THAT quiet. Just a smidge more quiet than stock, but nothing huge. FMF's quality has always been suspect, at least IMO.

Check out a Leo Vince X3. This is one on an '08 WR450, with a YZ head pipe. Pretty quiet, and they build top quality stuff.

FMF's quality has always been suspect, at least IMO.

+1

I purchased a Q4 for my 06 YZ450F and it developed a leak at the can-joint within the first hour. The ironic part was that leak was right beside the quality control inspection sticker! Since the failure was so immediate and obvious, I was hoping to get an over-the-counter replacement. No such luck. FMF told my dealer that their policy was to have all defective items sent back to them in CA - not exactly convenient since I'm in Canada. When I called & emailed FMF, they did not respond.

If you really want quite, and don't care about power, install an exhaust off a WR. I tried this on my bike and you could hardly hear it running.

While we're on the subject of quiet pipes, I emailed Jardine about their new RT94 system. DIRT BIKE tested it on a 315-kitted YZ250F, and said it was very stealth, with less power loss than anything they've ever tested.

Anyway, here's what Jardine said about it being available for the YZ450F.

Kevin,

The R&D department is expecting to have 5 of these systems in stock by next week. They will do pictures and testing then, they will keep me posted so I can keep you posted.

Best Regards,

Ashley Webb

Customer Service / Sales

Jardine Performance Products

1180 W. Railroad St.

Corona, CA 92882

(951) 739-5900 x 220

awebb@jardineproducts.com

jpinfo@jardineproducts.com