Yes, I DESTROYED my rear hub. Help!!!

I'm at work now so I can't look at my setup but do the stock nuts have a nylon locking ring? If not you can pick a set of nice high grade stainless ones up at the hardware stores. I'll have to take a look when I get home as to how the stock setup is.

Jess

I guess I've been lucky. I haven't had any problems with mine loosening and have changed to an aftermarket sprocket also. I tighten the nuts and hold the allen wrench steady. I might suggest if you change sprockets or bolts, ensure the taper on the bolts match the sprocket. Odd things happen and sometimes they don't match, which will allow the bolt to come loose.

I never had this problem with aluminum sprockets. I do use locking nuts with the nylon on them. Eric from Ironman says that the hub holes can get egg-shaped from loose sprocket bolts. Once that happens, the bolts will never stay tight. I think he's absolutely right. Tell your friends about that one!I will use the Yamaha nuts and bolts, now. I really do appreciate everybody's input on this. It has been a huge help. I just hope guys have been helped by some of my tips, as well.

After reading this post I went out and checked my bike as I had just put on a new sprocket not too long ago. All 6 bolts were loose enough to turn with my fingers. I had torqued the nuts (not the allens) to 24 FtLbs. Maybe new locknuts would be the call??? Never had this prob on my 600 or 500.