ttr250 opinions....

hi

i was curious for some opinions on the 03 ttr 250 and what people thought. i would appreciate any thing on handling / wieght / performance and the "good and bad" stuff.

thanks

doug

Hey

I got a 1999 and I love it. I dont think they changed to much since they were introduced here in 1999 but I could be wrong.

Handling=very good in woods but kinda easy to lay over in loose gravel (fix with suspension changes).

Weight=Not the lightest trail bike but not the heaviest either. Weight was never a problem for me.

Performance=Good power from bottom to top. Good torqure but still revs out nice.

Excellent trailbike, maybe even good cross country racer with few mods. Definitly not a serious motocross bike though, thats fine because there are plenty of them around anyway :-).

Only problem I had was spring that keeps kickstand up fell of in wet or rough terrain-no big deal, I fixed it with plastic tie-down thingy. Once the mud covers it you wont even know is there :D.

Chain adjustment is also easy if you have any idea of how to use tools. Yamaha manual for it has alot of helpfull stuff in it, might consider buying a manual to go with it if you choose to buy the bike.

Hope that helps, any other questions just ask :)

A friend has the 02 model and from what I have seen I would say ditto to what raptor said. Plus the e-start.

Helibuf

Check you PM

Bergeman

2003 TTR250 for sale

2003 WR250 on order

2003 TTR125L wifes

2003 KFX50 daughters quad

2002 PW50 sons

SORRY I'M LATE HAVE 02 STOCK THE MORE I RIDE IT THE MORE I LIKE IT I JUST DID A D/S EVENT 160 MILES ONLY PRABLEM I HAD WAS A LOOSE SPARK PLUG WITCH IT COULD BE MY NEGLECT GREAT FOR MY LEVEL OF RIDING