Something I saw in MXA....Ramsey exhaust???

As I was looking at the vet. race at Glen Helen and saw Erik Kehoe running a stock headpipe with a Ramsey muffler? I WAS planning on getting a complete system but after seeing this I think I'll stick with the stock headpipe.

However he wasn't running a skid plate and had the stock engine guards on but hey, Honda will be glad to replace them for Erik, but me on the other hand......

I know something like this has been discussed but I wonder(like you probably) how much performance you get from the complete system versus just the muffler? Anybody?

I asked a question on here the other day about just replacing the head pipe. The responses told me that most full systems send a head pipe very similar to the stock. I think there was no difference in the PC headpipe and stock. Therefore, bases on the reponses I got from the people on this site, I will only be replacing the silencer. I do wonder though, what is the big difference in the Big Gun Race and the Big Gun Signature?

As i said in another post , don't change your header , Akrapovic and Arrow modified it and the result is power lost at the bottom but gain on top (which most of us do not need).

The PC header is exactly the same in curves and length than the stock one , so buy an d change just the muffler.

Jaliveto-"I know something like this has been discussed but I wonder(like you probably) how much performance you get from the complete system versus just the muffler? Anybody?"

<font color="brown"> You get .1 horse power from yoshimura header. Worth it? Hardly.

you are wrong both systems are ceramic coated.sig is titaimium or stainless and race is 18 guage steel.

Well at least I now have an idea. It seems they would explain this on their site but they don't. I'll write them and ask what the difference is and report back to you guys when I find out. Thanks

NO biggy, I called them on the phone and asked them. The Signature series is made out of Stainless and NOT Ceramic coated.

The Race is made out of Mild and IS ceramic coated. The ceramic coating will let the exhaust flow better and decrease engine temps(head pipe).

Sounds to me that anyone who buys the Sig just does it for looks, and actually gets a little shafted in performance.

As far as weight, there is no big difference.

That is just what I was told on the phone.

I believe big gun doe snot make titanium exhausts.

I am not too sure of the internal workings of the 4stroke silencer yet, but I'm amazed noone has made a Carbon fiber yet.

....not very crash worthy, subject to UV deterioration, expensive...

I correct myself on the above post on the big guns. The signature series is coated on the inside but not the outside.( I found that on the website.) Also it lists the head pipe of the signature being made out of stainless, mild, or titanium. I amnot sure what that last statement means.

VCHSS-"

I am not too sure of the internal workings of the 4stroke silencer yet, but I'm amazed noone has made a Carbon fiber yet. "

<font color="brown">

www.yoshimura-rd.com/exhaust_dirt.asp