Ride tomorrow Main Divide Road - Cleveland National Forest?

Anyone interested in dual sport ride tomorrow in local Santa Ana mtns? I wanted to start at Corona (Skyline Drive) and go along Main Divide Rd to Ortega Highway. I live in Costa Mesa but will ride to Corona to start. If no one interested, I will not go. I don't want to ride alone. Shoot me a PM if interested.

This is a ride that I have never done so would prefer someone who has been there before but I am willing to explore anyway if you havent. I don't have GPS but plenty of maps and compass.

Marc

They shut the gate in Silverado until its dryer, (Maple Springs) not sure if the other gates are open at the top, (Main Divide). Remember, only fire roads are ok to ride. Any trail cutting will be frowned upon with $5,000.00 fine and bike taken away if caught. Think before you act stupid.

Gary in Silverado

I went today and the gate at Skyline was closed so I rode my mountain bike instead. I stopped and spoke to a volunteer ranger riding an '08 Honda XR650L. He said all of the trails were closed to motorcycles for a couple more days because of the recent rains. I found some really cool singletrack trails but unfortunately motorcycles are not allowed on them. One of them starts near Sierra Peak and ends up near Serfas Club Drive.

irvine_lake.jpg

Irvine Lake; photo taken just above Beek's Place (near Main Divide Rd and Black Star Canyon Rd)

san_gorgonio.jpg

San Gorgonio Peak with snow on top

volunteer_ranger_Tom.jpg

Volunteer Forest Ranger

catalina.jpg

Catalina Island in distance

Can't wait to come back with my XR!