tire leaking?

so i was finally going to get to go riding again tomorrow, and i was checking everything over tonight, and i noticed my rear tire was flat, so i put air in it but it wouldnt hold, it ran out just about as fast as i could put it in...i got to checking and i realized it was coming out around the valve stem, and on the bolt thats on the opposite side(im not sure what thats called) of the valve stem...

what do i need to fix this/what could be wrong? im thinking maybe i lost tire pressure when i rode last and the tire spun some on the rim and threw things out of alignment or something?

Yes, you will probably need a new tube. That is usually caused by over tightening the outer nut on the valve stem. When you put a new valve in it leave the outer nut loose, fill tire to desires pressure, then tighten it just finger tight. Thats all you need. Some valve stems dont even use an outer nut. They use a rubber grommet.

For just a few $$ more the price of having the stealership change it, you can buy 3 Motion Pro tire spoons at approx $16 each. Then just use this video as a guide, and do it yourself..

The first tire change may be somewhat difficult, but it gets easier after that. The reward is having a neccessary skill for maintaining your bike and one more freedom from the d**n stealership.?

so i was finally going to get to go riding again tomorrow, and i was checking everything over tonight, and i noticed my rear tire was flat, so i put air in it but it wouldnt hold, it ran out just about as fast as i could put it in...i got to checking and i realized it was coming out around the valve stem, and on the bolt thats on the opposite side(im not sure what thats called) of the valve stem...

what do i need to fix this/what could be wrong? im thinking maybe i lost tire pressure when i rode last and the tire spun some on the rim and threw things out of alignment or something?

Need a tube. The air was just leaking out at the stem and rim lock as you aired up the tube, it displaced the air space forcing the air out.

Another thing you can do when you put the new tube in is to tighten the nut on the valve stem up against the cap instead of down against the rim. This way if the tire and tube twist on the rim a little it will not tear the tube at the valve stem, it might be a little sideways but it will still hold air.