Scott Myers To Join Brett Helm In Baja For 2009

Brett Helm adds Scott Myers to his line up for 2009

THUMPERTALK EXCLUSIVE

By Scotty Breauman

Two-time SCORE season points champs Brett Helm announced today that his team will add multi-time SCORE champion Scott “Cracker1” Myers to his SCORE line-up in 2009. Myers, who ran a TEAM GREEN KLX 450 for the 2008 SCORE season, got a third overall for a motorcycle in both the 2008 Baja 500 and Baja 1000.

While the team arrangements have not been finalized as to which riders will run in the two shorter races (San Felipe 250 and Baja 500) it was made clear today that Scott Myers will be the teams starter for each race. The bike, a modified Honda CRF450X will sport the 400x plate for all three Baja races next year.

The news comes as a bit of a bonus for Myers who will be relieved of managing a bike and team for another season, something that was a bit taxing to Myers in 2008.

“I really don’t want to have deal with managing a team and bike and having to stay up til midnight prepping the bike before a big race”, explained Myers. “I did that all year on for my 08 team and now I’m just going to stay in shape, ride and show up at the start line.” It’s also a positive for Myers to ride with Helm’s team in that Helm takes care of all of the managerial and financial aspects for the team. It looks like a win-win for both parties.

Staying on the Helm line-up will be Jeff Kaplan, Jon Ortner, Lou Franco and Craig Adams. Brett Helm will continue to ride every race and Bob Johnson, who is committed to a new job, will stay on the team as a back up swing-rider.

More updates to follow as they become available.

You have to watch scott off the start on u tube,if you have never done a start of the 500 or 1000, this footage is as real as it gets, he is truly hauling the mail...................rumor has it that he had the fastest time from the start to honda pit 1 ....................in dust!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to watch scott off the start on u tube,if you have never done a start of the 500 or 1000, this footage is as real as it gets, he is truly hauling the mail...................rumor has it that he had the fastest time from the start to honda pit 1 ....................in dust!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw it... truly awesome.

?

im really glad you guys are all enjoying the helmet cam vid. its something ive always wanted to do. thank you for all the cool responses, i appreciate it very much. as you all know now i am going to ride for a good friend and a very professional team with Brett Helm. i have basically done my own team since i started in baja "09 will be my 10th year" and it is time to relax a little and just get on the bike and do what i do. i could not be happier about my new deal. i will be the ROR for the 400x and my new goal is to put this 40 team on the podium overall. i hope to give Bretts team that little edge that i think they need to do that. and to the people that make there comments on wether there is 2 or 10 guys on a team just remember we are all just trying to have a great time and a great experiance. there are some really great people involved with this team and we all just want a little taste of fun and winning. we are not a class 22 young pro team looking for the overall win by stacking guys, we are all 40 plus with real jobs and real lives that we need to come home to after each race. once again it will be with great joy that i represent Brett Helm 400x and company for 09 and i am very excited about hanging out with the "new" boys especially a Icon like Jeff Kaplain. thank everyone for the good words and even the not so good words cause that just makes me go faster LOL. Myers:thumbsup: PS my winning class 30 bike is for sale in classifieds.

• Like 1

Scott rails! He sets the bar high for the rest of us that race against him. At the 500 he killed me on the start, but the 1000 I think I might have actually made a little time on him. I know he had some issues. I think we were the 3rd and 4th fastest to Honda 1, but less than 2 minutes off the oa pace. Now I will be looking back waiting for him to pass from class 40! ?