Free POWER NOW???

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

desto,

if you and i are speaking about the same thing as far as where the air is coming from... ... if air is leaking in by the carb body and bell that would not be a good thing(like having a hole in your soda straw, you could get the soda, but would have to suck a lot harder ?) in front of it from around the boot would probably not be as bad but still undesirable. i would have to see/hear/ride the bike myself to really make a diagnosis, so this is all guessing on my part. what i do know for sure is that the notches to hold the plate in place should be on the air filter side, with the rubber boot going around them.

Also there is no gas at the bell housing, so your silicone doesn't have anything to do with solvents, because once again ONLY AIR GOES THROUGH THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What if you drop your bike? I know that there are vents, but anyway there is some possibility. You do not want to risk with that or it may suck some derbies in your motor and byebye engine...

James, let me give you my address and you can come hear the bike for yourself!!!!! So what if I live in TX.

Well anyway, I will try the mod to my botched mod. Many of y'all bring an interesting argument on the O-ring about it only sealing the outside stuff anyway.

But to satisfy my own curiosity and to keep the hounds of hell at bay I am thinking I can probably get a good repair if I use epoxy.

I am glad there are success stories that are being shared about the effectiveness of this mod. I think I will be sharing one soon--just gotta forage through my goofups.

As far as jetting goes, could this change it all of a sudden by simply redirecting a portion of the airflow like we are doing? If so, it seems like it would need two stage jetting for the low end below the plate and something different above if that is the case.

I mentioned the surging effect both in and out of gear w/clutch in. I was told this may simply be the rev limiter kicking in? It also seems to occur when I wind out in a gear high rev prior to shifting and that I may be confusing rev limiting with carburetion....is this something expected on a 4 stroke? I may be just accustomed to 2 stroke allowing you to scream it no matter where you are on the gas/in gear, etc.

Or I could be just halucinating like I did back when I was in Nam. Wait, I wasn't there, see how that works?

Have any of you guys with the PowerNOW / JamesNOW or even accel pump adj screw mod updated the '00 needle with the '01 needle. Is there a noticeable difference?

Damn - I missed this thread and wish I would have ordered the needle with my other OE parts...

Anyway, just curious to know if its worth while.

Thanks,

AB