Michelin Power Pilot Air Pressure

How much you weigh in at plays a lot into air pressure. I myself am around 205-210lbs, I am running slicks, and I run mine at 28 front and rear. Some of the lighter guys are running them around 26psi.

You want to run lower pressure than what it says on the tire because these tires are made for sport bikes that weigh much more than the DRZ. Even the Conti SM tires I would run at 26-28. The slicks I am running even say Supermoto on the sidewalls. You'll find this is a good pressure because it will plant more rubber on the ground which is what these bikes need. Run them at too high of a pressure and you will be sliding all over the place.

Hi everyone, thanks for your knowledge!! I failed to mention that I weigh 190 lbs. These are brand new tires and I do not want to go down..... I have only been riding on dirt tires and am a little concerned riding on these tires as they look slick. So I think I'll try 20 front and 25 lbs rear. Also, should I be concerned about the change in rake since I'm going from 21" x 18" to 17" to 17"? My tires are 120/70 and 150/60....

I'd just take it easy, work your way up to speed and gradually get more lean angle as you get used to riding on those tires.

Once they feel familiar to you and you gain confidence, you'll realize they grip the road like nothing else. ?

Hey Scott,

I found 19- 20 on the front with the PP's made the front end feel like it was going to slide out all the time. I really didnt like it. For track day riding I was running 22 front / 23 - 24 rear. Normal street riding I ran 24 / 26. Everyone likes things a bit different but that is what worked for me.