Vote for the Two stroke, again!

Heres a question I have. If the displacement sizes are open to either 2t or 4t, what about the crf150? Is that going to still be racing against the 85's considering honda made that bike to replace their 125? Or will the 150 have to race against the 125 2t? Id love to see honda get smothered!

Will the 250 two strokes be able to use the 125/250f minimum weight limit in the 250f class. They never did allow the two strokes too lower their weight limit when they brought on the four strokes. The two strokes are at the minimum weight limit stock. A factory would be able too take a stock 250 two stoke and get way more horsepower than stock and bring the weight closer too 200lbs. They could even make a 180lb 125 two stroke. The power to weight ratios would make them even more competetive. I am sure a 200lb 55hp 250 two stroke would even be competetive against a 450!

• Like 1

Will the 250 two strokes be able to use the 125/250f minimum weight limit in the 250f class. They never did allow the two strokes too lower their weight limit when they brought on the four strokes. The two strokes are at the minimum weight limit stock. A factory would be able too take a stock 250 two stoke and get way more horsepower than stock and bring the weight closer too 200lbs. They could even make a 180lb 125 two stroke. The power to weight ratios would make them even more competetive. I am sure a 200lb 55hp 250 two stroke would even be competetive against a 450!

KTM said screw the weight rule, and their 250 is light....so yamaha certainly could. I don't think they would have a hard time finding weight to loose on the bike if they tried, and yes, if it was 200 pounds, with even 50 hp it would compete.

I never thought of this! What a great idea. Fair is fair. If the class is equal displacement, equal weight is also fair! Inherently they could be easily be made lighter than a 4T with similar R&D. None of this will matter unless they make them lighter from the factory because it costs way too much to lighten them up aftermarket. My team mate has a 265 big bore and he can pull starts on 450's consistently. Lowering the weight of a 250 2T by 10-14 pounds would be the same as adding 10cc easily. Hmmmmmm. A 250 with the handling of a 125. Ah haaaa ha ha he he he!

• Like 1

FYI, Atleast 1 other OEM has a race 4t for the 85cc class.(Like hondas 150)

But they are waiting to release it until the AMA sets a class and displacement level for it. Honda kind of jumped the gun.

Although I did hear some rumors about having an inside guy at the AMA, but then he resigned before they revised the mini classes. Sounds fishy to me.

FYI, Atleast 1 other OEM has a race 4t for the 85cc class.(Like hondas 150)

But they are waiting to release it until the AMA sets a class and displacement level for it. Honda kind of jumped the gun.

Although I did hear some rumors about having an inside guy at the AMA, but then he resigned before they revised the mini classes. Sounds fishy to me.

I heard yamaha has had it for a while....

http://www.racerxonline.com/article/racerhead-51.aspx

Pretty cool to get some recognition for helping the cause. The RacerX head thanked yall for the hundreds of emails. The TT dudes that emailed deserve good gas! If this actually goes through, you all made a difference. I gave so much Good gas I was cut off every day. Thanks for the support everyone. Keep em rolling! :busted:

• Like 1

For the pro class rules, we always ask for feedback from teams, sponsors and manufacturers. We also listen to a variety of racers, but in that case you have to be careful because some racers suggest rules that are good for everyone, and other suggest things that are really only designed to help them. Then it's up to us to figure out which side each suggestion falls on. One major change being discussed right now comes in the bike XC2 Pro Lites class. For 2009, the AMA has changed their pro motocross rulebook to allow 250 two-stroke bikes to race in the Lites class (meaning, 250 four-strokes and 250 two-strokes will race each other). Since we try to follow those rules, we've considered making the same change in the GNCC XC2 Lites class. Ordinarily, this could be a tough sell on race teams and manufacturers, because some companies don't sell or race 250 two-strokes any longer, and other teams have already been testing and developing 250Fs for this class for a few years.

But, these are not ordinary times. It's pretty clear to everyone in and around the industry that we're in for a rough economic ride in 2009, and we've heard from quite a few people saying that if loosening rules helps keep people racing, than we should run it. Not sure if this rule will go through, but it's under consideration right now.

From http://gnccracing.com/articles/865_q...s-week-in-gncc

found by member: tdb303

it sounds like they made the decision and giving the smokers a green light. here read what GNCC is thinking about doing, letting 250 smokers in the XC2 class.

http://gnccracing.com/articles/865_quick-fill-1-this-week-in-gncc

read the second paragraph. he says the AMA has changed the rules letting 250 2 strokes run with 250 F's

This is BIG! Yamaha will clean up with all this as they are already in 2T production for USA AND have already snatched up all the 2T loyal. I hope Yami keeps every single 2T customer for life! I dont care f Hon ever builds another dirt bike as long as I live. Traitors. And I was a Honda loyal nut for 15 years. I sure hope this rule is truely in place! :thinking:

Thanks for the find tdb303. good gas all around!

wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

• Like 1

The whigs at Honda have always been anti-2T. Explains why they were last on board and leading the charge to kibosh em while throwing the EPA under the bus even though they do not regulate technology, only emmissions. EPA loves the existing DI 2T's that burn cleaner than $T! If you are going to push something on us, don't blame someone that had nothing to do with it. EPA does not hate 2T, H does.

The whigs at Honda have always been anti-2T. Explains why they were last on board and leading the charge to kibosh em while throwing the EPA under the bus even though they do not regulate technology, only emmissions. EPA loves the existing DI 2T's that burn cleaner than $T! If you are going to push something on us, don't blame someone that had nothing to do with it. EPA does not hate 2T, H does.

yamaha invented the high performance thumper, 2002 yz250f. why charge $125 for a top end when they will pay $2,000.