Sign in to follow this  

Snow track system

Keep it comming because I was a non-beliver of the track kit till now. Mabe if I get a 450+ 4 stroke it could make winter more bareable.

What part didn't you believe? Get that 450 and go ride! :thinking:

BurntTimber.jpg

Fox get that oil out of your ears and take this thing for a rip and let's see some pics or better yet take some video and post it up

Want to rent me the kit?

Ill buy the adapters for my 300

Then rent the kit from you

Fak I am itchin to ride

F off snow

Bring me dirt

Mike

F off snow

Dude, did you just call out frozen water :thumbsup:

those things are amazing. if living in snow country I would have one for sure. no need to take the sled plunge and have too many toys. Amazing machine rig.

Fox get that oil out of your ears and take this thing for a rip and let's see some pics or better yet take some video and post it up

Want to rent me the kit?

Ill buy the adapters for my 300

Then rent the kit from you

Fak I am itchin to ride

F off snow

Bring me dirt

Mike

No rentals Smith, just buy one.Vids on the way.Going out on Sunday or Monday with new helmet cam on sled rider

All you guys that are using these-

Are you just using regular MX/enduro boots out in the snow? Or are you wearing Snow boots?

BJ

All you guys that are using these-

Are you just using regular MX/enduro boots out in the snow? Or are you wearing Snow boots?

BJ

Snow boots work just fine. No problems shifting. :thumbsup:

A few neighbors had those things back when they first came out. Kinda like a Honda 50 for the snow- not very fast, cheap to operate and fun in their own way. But- they were useless in any snow deeper than about 5-6" and had no chance on a steep hill. You could ride all day on a small amount of fuel.

We're setting up some Demo days in Southern Ontario for the AD Boivin Explorer:

http://www.odsc.on.ca/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13772

Can't wait to try one:ride:

Basically what 7602 said.Found it very tiring but that could have been the death grip I had on the bars.510 had no problem power wise with a 13 tooth primary.Need to remove large runners on front ski as it bites in pretty good.Other people that tried were impressed but they also own and ride sleds.General feedback was yes they would be awesome for blazing through the tight deep stuff, but not by yourself and everybody else on sleds.Still working on videos

Bfox...why not by yourself...is it dangerous? What do you mean "remove large runners on front ski as it bites in pretty good."? Just curious.

Bfox...why not by yourself...is it dangerous? What do you mean "remove large runners on front ski as it bites in pretty good."? Just curious.

I think what Bfox meant was that it would be no fun if you're on one of these and everyone else you're riding with is on sleds........??

I agree. The snow bike do things way different than sleds. Kind of like riding a trails bike and a TXC450 on the same stuff, neither works well in the others environment. If you want to slice through the trees and explore having several snowbikes is the ticket because the sleds just can;t go there. If you want to pack some stuff in on a long adventure ride the sled is king. just examples. It can obviously be done but one will be out of it's element a lot.

The ADB has carbides as well as these large outboard skates Ill call them for lack of a better term.And yes I meant it would be okay if others were riding them as well. I idled down the frozen river while Mark was in 3rd or 4th gear.

I think a CR 500 would be the ideal bike for one of these. Light weight, big torquey power. We partook in a Demo day for the AD Boivin Explorer today. The rep told us they have sold several that are on CR500's.

These things are definitely a lot of fun.

The Explorer ski is designed so that it tracks exactly where you point it, regardless of other snowmobile tracks etc. It's as if it is on it's own rail. Even on hardpack/ice conditions. In the conditions we had today(medium snow 1- 2 feet deep, lots of tracks & some packed trail) I tried numerous times to see if it would grab another track already in place. Nope, it went exactly where I pointed it. Impressive. I wish dirt bike tires would track as well.

The 2moto kit looks like it uses a conventional snowmobile ski. Can someone confirm? That may explain why it darts around in other tracks....

There was a mention the the ADB kit might put too much strain on the swingarm. I think this would be unlikely, due to the two stabilizer arms that link to the foot peg mounts. The system works good and is pretty versatile.

One thing that would require getting used to; when you stop in snow that is a foot deep or more, the bike only sinks in a few inches but your feet naturally sink in a lot further, effectively making the bike many inches taller. Makes it interesting trying to remount the bike if your pretty short like me. You pretty much need to make a rut to drop the bike into or have a tree to lean the bike on while you remount.

All in all, good fun. Looking forward to getting one of these.

The ADB bikes we tried yesterday also had these little wheels mounted on the skis that can be popped down to make it easier to ride across pavement or move the bike in your garage. When back on snow, you just kick a small lever and they pop back up out of the way. Clever how they work.

I suspect the 2moto ski has a bit less drag in the snow, but doesn't track as well. The ADB ski goes as straight as an arrow, but possibly might have a bit more drag in deep snow. Would have to try them both to know for sure.....

The ADB kit just seems so versatile to me and it costs quite a bit less than the 2 moto kit.

Good fun either way.

Brad wears deerskin moccasins when he rides :banana:

Big

Brad is my Bardy, we used to do much drinking and thinking, but then he moved to fort mac, and traded in his curly shoes for deerskin moccasins:canada:

I want one of these so bad! wish I had more buddies that would follow or that already ride snow toys.

Be the kindling and start something in your group.:smirk: